Set Screensaver clock position on Yealink phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mgb2, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgb2

I've created a custom template for the Yealink T46S so I can customize the wallpaper and screensaver images. I've also enabled the clock display during the screensaver. Because of my image, I'd like to control the position of the clock so it doesn't overlap. The Yealink docs make it appear that this is supported if you modify an XML file and use it for provisioning, but they don't appear to expose that through any of the parameters that could be used in a 3CX template.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

2. tim942

Just looked at Yealink's admin guide and XML templates, you can probably hard set it via CustomScreenSaver.xml. Their template doesn't specify a clock variable, so you may have to reach out on the Yealink forums for more insight.

But I have to ask, why do you want to risk burn-in on your screens? I'm not even comfortable with the white of the 3CX logo being in one place (I turn the default background on for the screensaver, which is a deep blue on the T48 and a carbon fiber for the T46).

3. mgb2

Yes, that XML file is how Yealink allows configuration of that, but is there a way to get that to the phone through 3CX?

I'm not terribly concerned about screen burn-in. The screen brightness is already reduced during screensaver mode, and LCD 'burn' is normally transient.

4. tim942

After testing the XML for five minutes, yes it works. You will need to play with it to put it where you want it, but the below will mimic the default display.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <YealinkIPPhoneCustomScreenSaver
        LineSpacing = "3"                        
        InsertImageLineNum = "5"    >      

<SystemTime Size="Large" horizontalAlign="right" verticalAlign="top" Color="white">show</SystemTime>

<StatusIcons
    horizontalAlign="middle"
    verticalAlign="top">show</StatusIcons>

<Line Size="large" Align="Center" Color="white">Hello World</Line>

<Image
    horizontalAlign="middle"
    verticalAlign="middle"  height="80" width="100">yealinkt46.png</Image>

</YealinkIPPhoneCustomScreenSaver>

I put it on the server and pointed to it with the phone UI, you would need to create a custom config and point to it for mass deployment.

5. mgb2

I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

6. mgb2

Well, it did work. Unfortunately SystemTime is the clock in the notification row, so I will have to do some more research to see if I can get it to exactly what I want. Thanks for the pointers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.