set Supervisors phone to ring on Receptionists phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by imabev, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imabev

I haven't figured out any good way to do this yet. For example, we have a "supervisor" and a "receptionist". The supervisor doesnt answers calls directly so if it rings on his extension it must ring on the receptionists extension so that she may answer it and transfer it in to the supervisor. How can I set this up?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

What kind of phone does each have? This may determine some of the options.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If she has a multi line set, you can program one key as the supervisors extension number. When his line rings, so will hers (hopefully at a different cadence or lower level so as to distinguish calls). He could even have a second extension appearance on his set, one that only the receptionist will call (transfer calls to). Heck, if he never answers his own calls, why even have his regular extension number even appear on his set, just put it on the receptionists set and she can screen all his calls the transfer them to his "other" extension number, the one known only to her.

4. imabev

We have Yealink T28.

The first step I need to understand is where do I put the supervisors extension number? Do I program the supervisors extension in one of the 6 "line" keys (in the LCD readout)? What do I set the button as - theres many different options in the line type drop down. I tried to add a second account on the receptionists phone and it just caused problems.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not having used the Yealink, I can't help on the programming details. Being a multi line set should allow for the appearance of the supervisors extension number on a key, and possibly the busy status of his set. Someone more familiar with that model might be able to help.

6. imabev

I got this mostly figured out. I just needed to create another account on the Yealink and it rings on both phones as expected. The only thing I would like to eliminate is the supervisors voice mail notice on the receptionists phone. She doesn't need to know he has voice mail and will only add to confusion.

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Check the Account / Advanced settings for the "Subscribe MWI". I haven't played with it but would expect this to be what works. On the receptionist phone turn this off for the Supervisor phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.