Set Trunk/DID/RingGroup/Queue out/in office hours.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by sansems, Jan 29, 2016.

Set Trunk/DID/RingGroup/Queue out/in office hours. 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. sansems

I have a common asked question, a feature our customers would like to have in 3CX.
    The customer want to be able to set a ring group/queue out of in office hours, by pressing a button on the phone.

As a workaround I have made xml files for a snom phone which will dial *641, *642 and *64 when pressing a button. The led light will blink or stay on so the customer will know i which mode the 3cx server stands (in/out/normal) office hours.
    The problem is that the whole system will stand in in/out of office hours and this can only be done on 1 Phone.
    We want to be able to set 1 ring group or queue in/out of office hours.

This also should be manageable by multiple phones, and it should be visible.

klentz likes this.
  2. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

It would be very useful to have a BLF that controlled and showed DAY/NIGHT mode.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    klentz likes this.
  3. jj1

jj1

We also have a number of clients that would like to be able to adjust individual ring groups (Day/Night Mode) from the phone and not have to login and logout from the 3cx web gui.

klentz likes this.
  4. escobar

Hello, from the account of lords I tried to play a more complex scenario yet, so putting day, night and weekend. I used a T23G Yealink phone. What I did was to define an extension to this system and the inbound rule put all of the DID's pointed at him. Profile available (1) put the call forwarding to a group that respond to day mode, the profile away (2) put the shift to a group that responds to night mode, and not the profile disturb (3) I directed the links for the group to receive weekend calls. As the unit has 03 hot keys, defined as a speed dial for the same mode profile by dialing exchange, set the first to dial * 30, the second for * 31 and the third to * 32, and * 3 reports exchanging profile and the number following which profile to use.
    This way the client even at the beginning or end of each shift he can go on a single device, which is configured as the entry point of the links and take the phone off the hook and press the key you want as desired. The label of each set key as Day, Night and Weekend, so it's easier to identify which profile you want to trigger.
    IMPORTANT: The time direction of each profile should be set to 1 second because this phone does not have to touch, only to evaluate the desired profile.
    Another way is to create one for this same extension exceptions rule with specific time for each receipt and drive for which queue or group you want, so do not need a fixed phone logs into the system, only created in the system as a validator times.
    Any questions I am putting myself at your disposal to help while we do not have a definitive solution via 3CX system.

Escobar - escobar @forum3cx.com.br - http: //www.forum3cx.com.br

5. datatech1

Hi Guys,
    I have just up-voted this and would appreciate that this is done on the post i have just put on the ideas forum as to how 3CX could easily implement this change on the system by using a global extension number.

The post also has a link with how someone else managed to do this with an Asterisk system and a Cisco VoIP phone.

The link to the forum post is:-
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-night-mode-visual-indication-45633.html

Kind regards,
    Marc - Datatech UK

6. klentz

We also would like the ability to set office hours based on the queue since all of our departments do not operate during the same times.