Set up help

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lusk, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lusk

HI all,

I've a couple of questions, please:

I have installed the software and am currently using Draytel as my provider. I have registered Draytel and it is showing as registered as a SIP Trunk.

1. I have a home network; what hardware would you recommend to enable me to connect standard PTSN phones to my ethernet sockets?

2. When I use the app and attempt to dial out, I get the following message "called number does not exist". What am I doing wrong, please?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Lusk,

1. For your home network I would suggest a raspberry pi SBC (or connect your remote site via VPN) to connect back to 3CX and what you need for standard PSTN/analogue Phones is a Patton 411x series JS gateway.

https://www.patton.com/voip-gateway/sn4110/

These models go up to 8 handsets, if you need more you will need a channel bank model SN43xx series.

These are supported across the VPN but not using SBC (although they will work with a little extra configuration).

That being said for the price of the gateway you could replace your analogue handsets for IP based ones, this would negate the need for the gateway (it would simplify the configuration considerably).

By App, I guess you mean the smartphone or Windows based App? What type of number are you trying to call and do you have an outbound rule setup to support this number?

#2 eddv123, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  3. Lusk

Apologies, yes, the iOs app. I am just trying to call a standard UK landline. The only outbound rule I have set up is for my provider, Draytel.

4. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

You won't be plugging standard POTS phones into your ethernet sockets.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Depending on how many analogue sets you initially wish to use, it may be more economical to deploy something like the 2 line, Cisco series of ATAs. (SPA2012, SPA112). There are also other makes available.

While they are not officially "supported" by 3CX, and you would have to manually configure (which isn't difficult), there may be a cost advantage, if you plan on moving away from analogue sets, and towards more SIP phones in the future.

If the recording you are getting is from 3CX and not your provider, then your outbound rules do not match what you are dialling. If the recording comes from your provider, then you are sending incorrect digits. In Either case, as suggested, review your outbound rule(s).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.