• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Setting 3CX in same network

Status
Not open for further replies.

aicos

Reaction score
Is it possible to have 2 3CX running with two different provider on same network?
Our building have multiple office and one other office is trying to get 3CX.
Whole building in set up with one internet provider (one source, same IP)
If it is possible, do I need seperate computer with 3CX installed on each?
How about port forwarding?

Thank you very much!

Some clarity to ensure that I understand the question -

You currently have one building with one ISP and instance of 3CX running over one physical LAN cable.

You want to know if you can have two ISP each serving a separate instance of 3CX (2 total) and all running on the same physical LAN? Is this correct? Does this also assume that each business will be using a (same or different) SIP trunking agent(s) and that each (business) will have its own account?

Are there additional internal LAN requirements or devices that could have an impact? On the surface, it is likely doable provided that consideration is given to DHCP and the IP schemes. Without the details, I can only say likely doable as I have no way to gauge the impact on the rest of the network nor do I know the size of same.

You might look at the blog and see if multi-tenant is a fit.

I think it is possible.For more clarification you can go into post Network configurations supported by 3CX Phone System in docs and FAQ's 3cx.I hope you'll find the answer.

Yes, just set up the second machine and your're good to go.

The only issue that you may strike a problem with is setting up Remote phones to work back into the 3CX systems running on this site ...

This is because you have a single router and it's not possible to set up the port forwarding you need to get remote phones to connect back into the system, when you have more than one 3CX server (port forward will only work to one LAN IP). 3CX port forwarding doesn't actually have to be set on your router - IF - you aren't running remote extensions, as your router's firewall will be opened by requests going out from the 3CX systems on your LAN. However, you may have to ensure that the SIP Trunk registration cycles are kept short (as I've seen some routers that will 'forget' what ports have been opened if SIP Trunk registration cycles are too long).

The Multi-tenant version of 3CX gets round these issues by using different port ranges for each appearance of the 3CX systems hosted in the box. You can see how this works here ...

http://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-phone-system-v14-ports/ - Updated link

Maybe it's possible to use a different port range than the 3CX default on one of the systems if they want remote extensions, but I've never tried it ... Best of luck ...

Have you spoken to your ISP about a second public IP? If you have a fixed IP then it may be only a small additional cost. Many ISP's, as a mater of course, allow more than one IP to be picked up in non-static offerings. It would be much simpler and secure for each customer to have their own router. Only one modem (but not a combination modem/router) would be required, running to a switch, then split to the two routers.

There is no reason why you can not have more than one PBX on one Internet connection.

The important issue is that they do not share the same ports.

So one could be on sip port 5060 with rang of 8000-8499 for the dynamic external ports

The second one on sip port 5160 with a rang of 8500-8999 for the dynamic external ports

The internal dynamic ports would be irrelevant as both PBX's would be on at least different IP address if not different subnets.

These settings can be changed in settings - network. Then on the router port forward to relevant ranges the individual IP for each PBX

Just two notes of caution

Be careful of the phones you choose, I have found polycoms won't work unless the PBX is on sip port 5060, however I have grandstreams running on such a configuration without any problems

Secondly remember that they will share the same bandwidth. Is there enough uplink speed to support the calls you want to make with two PBX's worth of users and quite possible many other applications and users.

Finally

Have you considered the multi tenant version of 3CX to split the system.

Or with the correct dial plan you could separate the user extensions into two separate blocks and make sure they can not use each others outside lines. The only disadvantage of this would be all call reports would be combined together.

Nice easy solution is to get a Draytek Router and a block of IPs from your ISP

when setting up the Port Forwarding / Open Ports on the draytek it will ask you which public IP Address to use.

We have this for our Office and Office Demo system.

We have BT who provide us with 8 IP Addresses and a Draytek Router. list all the public IPs on the Draytek Wan side as a Alias and works without any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.