Setting different VOIP providers to make outbounds calls...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by h2009, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h2009

h2009 Member

Hi there,
    Im just trying to find away, if there is one, to allow different VOIP providers to 'dial out' in different situations.

I.e. if i want to make a UK call to landline, it will see the number 01,02 and use a set provider.
    If i want to make a call to a mobile it will see 07 and use a set provider.
    If i want to make an international call and it see 00 and use a set provider.

How would i go about this?

Also if the other person has caller id, how would i make sure that my number is always showing the same one, no matter which outbound rule i use?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Philco

Philco Member

Hi h200, if your VOIP provider allows you to use a different CLI thats hhow you would retain the same number whichever provider you use.

RTM Outbound rules for your different providers.

Phil

3. h2009

h2009 Member

Ah ok - thank you.
    Do you have any idea how i would go about getting my call routing (outbound call) to different voip providers, when certain area codes are used?
    I've tried to use the "calls number length" but it doesnt seem to be looking at that rule for some reason.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Halea

Halea New Member

You can route your 3CX outbound calls intelligently to the appropriate provider by using simple rules, without ever adding an additional prefix like 0, or relying on number length, or a source extension.
    For instance, let's say you want to use SipGate to call Dubai; you would simply create an outbound rule, let's call it "To Dubai", enter "00971" for the prefix to detect (which is the normal international dialing code followed by the UAE country code), leave the length empty, leave the source extension empty, and down below identify your SipGate line as the provider on route 1 without stripping or appending anything. This rule will ensure that when you dial a number in Dubai, let's say 009711112233, 3CX will analyze the callee, match this callee to your rule "To Dubai" because of 00971, and place your call through SipGate without altering the number in any shape or form.
    You can create such rules for any situation you want. Sometimes you might want to combine prefix and length. By the way, 3CX's rule engine seems to be pretty robust. You can have singletons (like above) or combine them to make more elaborate rules. If something doesn't work to your satisfaction, prior to suspecting a bug in the system, think and rething the logic that you are trying to apply and see if you got it formulated properly or not. Also, when you have multiple rules, the position at which a rule is placed will have its importance. The system scans from top to bottom and when a rule is matched, the rest of the rules are ignored. For instance, if rule 1 says that all calls starting with 00 will go to x, and the next rule says all calls starting with 00971 will go to y, you will never see anything going to y!
    Hope this helps.
    Halea

5. h2009

h2009 Member

Brilliant - thank you! Its working now.

Halea your a genius.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.