• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Setting Interface Card Per Provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

megatech

Reaction score
Need help with network interface for voip providers

This is way beyond my networking skills so i hope someone can help me

Default NIC- 192.168.44.249 (default gateway is left blank)
This is connected to the business lan. All extensions are connected to it.

DSL VOIP NIC - 192.168.88.249 (gateway is pointing to attached router 192.168.88.249)
Inbound calls are received via sip trunks on this router / outbound calls also go out here

NEW SIP SERVICE
VOIP NIC - 175.32.247.251 – (no gateway set)
This is a premium quality high bandwidth line – we want to have in and outbound calls on it. This service does not allow any other network traffic expect sip.

When I have just the first two cards in the box it works. IF I have the first and last it works, but if I have all three it doesn’t work – i get connection on DSL Voip and no sound or connection on NEW SIP SERVice

I think the issues is in routing and gateways.
I can’t find how to set the interface for a VOIP Provider – is there an INI file or something

Any help greatly appreciated..

Thx
Peter

This issue may be related to what operating system you are using. I've seen some people use two NICs on a system but don't recall hearing about anyone with three. Perhaps Windows 7 or some other system will support that.

A quick search on the web gives a lot of advice on setting up two cards but is short on info involving three. You may do well if you post on one of the computer support forums, just to get the third card working, ten return when/if you do.

Enable all NIC's and open up a command prompt and type ROUTE PRINT and post the results.

megatech said:
NEW SIP SERVICE
VOIP NIC - 175.32.247.251 – (no gateway set)
This is a premium quality high bandwidth line – we want to have in and outbound calls on it. This service does not allow any other network traffic expect sip.

When I have just the first two cards in the box it works. IF I have the first and last it works, but if I have all three it doesn’t work – i get connection on DSL Voip and no sound or connection on NEW SIP SERVice

You need to change the "Which IP to use in 'Contact' field for registration:" in the advaced tab for the VoIP provider configuration.

Thanks for everyone's reply
I actually got this work fairly easily, just never got back here to the forum to report on it.

The first thing was to set the order of the network interface cards. I'm using 2008 so it's easy. Just press the ALT key when looking at the cards (network connections) then select advance & advanced settings.

I set my gateway first, my local area network second and the my new premium voice line third
I then set voip providers / advanced "Which IP in Contacts Fields on Registration"
Settings / networks /stun server to IP of my gateway

I had to reboot the machine- that was my problem when I posted - after the reboot it all worked

cheers
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.