• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Setting outgoing Caller ID (MSN) on ISDN-Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuncity

Reaction score
Hello! We're using the 3CX and a Patton 4552 VoIP-ISDN-Gateway. All outgoing calls are routed through the Patton (ISDN-Lines). We are now trying to define the outgoing Caller ID (MSN, subscriber ID) anywhere but it doesn't work. We didn't find any working solution in the Pattons Web-Config or 3CX - it always uses the default subscriber ID. In the 3CX-Config we can define an "outgoing caller ID number", but without any change in the shown outbound ID.
Does anybody know where the settings for defining the outgoing subscriber IDs are located? And how the have to be set in order to work? Thanks a lot.

Please let us know the subscriber ID format.
Which extension number mapped to subscriber ID?
eg. 333 map to 123456 333

Hi, due to german standard ISDN-Lines, Internal Extension Numbers are completely different from the subscriber IDs. So there shall be many internal Extension Numbers (150,201,202,203,204...) place an outgoing call with subscriber ID 9407232 while others should use the subscriber ID 408442.

Please let me know your running 3CX version as well.
Assume your default subscriber ID is 9407232
Let's double confirm your issue. I guess all your out going calls to remote parties are show as 9407232 call in, right? If yes, please answer following mapping you will expected:

150 => xxxxxxx
201 => xxxxxxx
202 => xxxxxxx
203 => xxxxxxx
204 => xxxxxxx

If you using V31, the default calling party id should be same as your extension. There is no option at 3CX box for you to do the mapping. Therefore, the default calling party id will send to your Telco. As the calling party id mismatch your Telco's number range from your BRI line. So it will send the default ID 9407232 to all remote parties as caller ID. If your exactly issue like this, your Patton will help you to solve this issue.

Your're right - and I solved the problem! Thank you for your assistance. I tried so much yesterday but I didn't saw the mapping table ;-)

Good to hear your issue had been solved. The mapping table is at Patton gateway not at 3CX box. My problem is solved by this e164 calling number mapping. How about you?

how you configure the outgoing call with the Matton 4552?

Post example file.

Thanks.

We are using 3CX “Generate config file” button to create the config file. If you still want the example config file for this device. Please refer to following URL:
http://www.patton.com/voip/config_detail.asp?id=214

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.