Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Setting Presence from the Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MParticle, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MParticle

Hi

Question how does one setup the physical phones (snom 370) so the phone can set the Presence information in 3CX Myphone.

Yes i know about the calling extension 999 press 9 then 1 then chose an option. That is far to cumbersome. Would like to get the phones to work as described in Snom's instructions for SIP Presence http://wiki.snom.com/Category:HowTo:Presence

I found in the Snom template in 3CX the setting to turn on the Publish the Sip Presence. Following the directions on snom's wiki seems for the most part straight forward but certain settings are not documented at all

http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/F_PRESENCE
    and the buddy list
    http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/user_presence_buddy_list_uri
    is not documented.

So the question is how the does one get the phone to Set the Presence on the phone and get it to reflect on the MyPhone and Vice Versa where setting the MyPhone presence to reflect on the Phone.

3CX does state it supports "Standards-based Presence Information" http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison.html

When setting DND (do not disturb) on a phone there is no way to see if a User has Set there phone to DND as there is no publication of that info, So i want to get presence working on the phone.

Thanks
    Justin

2. MParticle

I had to call 3CX to get a partial answer to my question

There are dial codes which are not documented anywhere that I have looked *30 - *34 website/blog/documentation/manual
    *30 = Available
    *31 = Away
    *32 = Out of Office
    *33 = Available 2
    *34 = Out of Office 2

This will set the presence from the phone and will appear in MyPhone.

Next i went into the Provision Templates and added these two lines for the BLF buttons
    <fkey idx="10" context="active" label="Set Available" perm="">speed &lt;sip:*30@192.168.1.19:5060;user=phone&gt;</fkey>
    <fkey idx="11" context="active" label="Set Away" perm="">speed &lt;sip:*31@192.168.1.19:5060;user=phone&gt;</fkey>

Then comment out the section in the Template If-Then statements to keep provisioning settings in the 3CX from overriding the above settings

I am using Snom 370 so have access to 12 BLF buttons.

This not exactly how we want it to work but given NO documentation for this feature its close enough.

Buddy list and be able to bring up a list of available Presence options on the Phone is not working.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

We use Yealinks and you can set a dial code for DND On and DND Off which is nice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

by the way - under Settings, Advanced, Dial Codes is a line "Change Profile status" and hovering overr the "Help ?" shows those same codes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MParticle

HI craigreilly:

Not to be argumentative but setting the DND on the phone does not reflect in MyPhone none of the other Users know the person has DND enabled.

Pointing out where 3CX put the setting to change the Dial Codes proves my point. To get to this setting is 5 layers Deep and can be easily over looked.

Do some searches on "Setting Presence" "Dial Codes", *3 all instructions on the website and Manuals point to MyPhone. *3 is never covered in the documentation.

The *3 Dial Code is not documented as far as i can tell let alone the "Standard SIP Presence" feature. I would like to get "Sip Presence" working but as its not document we do not know what the SIP URI are suppose to look like to get it to work with 3CX.

6. craigreilly

Setting does update MyPhone if your phone allows you to set DND_On and DND_Off codes.

I understand the setting is "deep" but non the less they are there - with a bunch of other codes which which might be handy. I simply found them by reviewing each and every aspect of the Management Tool and reading thru each tab to see what features it had. But I agree, the manual could have more information in it.

What do you mean by:
    I simply dial the * codes or program them to my DND functionality, DND_On and DND_Off on my phone. For example, if I leave the office and forget, I can pick up my soft phone (my iPhone) and open the 3cx program and dial *32 to set my status.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.