Setting Presence with Softphone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by hardywo, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardywo

Hi,

I would like to replace Office Communicator with this application, but have found that when a user is not running the application they are shown as available unless it is outside of their office hours. How can I set it up so that their presence is considered away always unless they are logged into and actively using a computer running the softphone? Also, it is fine if the office hours set them to Do Not Disturb, but I would like to enable the softphone to override that setting if they are logged into and actively using a computer with the softphone installed and running.

Additionally, how can I provision the softphone so that I can enable and configure Auto Change Status when idle in this application? Thank you for any help you can provide!!!

Bill

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The chat status is tied with the Extension Status, so if an extension is "Available", in the chat windows you should also see that extension green.

The 3CXPhone for Windows, in Settings -> Configure Accounts -> double-click you account -> Advanced Settings, has an option "Auto change status when idle" which if if enabled, will change the Extension Profile after X minutes of inactivity on that PC, and along with that, the chat status should also change.

3. hardywo

Thank you for your reply, Nick! I actually wrote a powershell script that configures the application per user once it is installed to enable the Auto change status when idle option, but would still like to figure out how to get it to work differently.

I would like the default status to be Away for every extension at all times unless the user is active on a computer with the 3CX application running in the background. Any suggestions there? Thanks again!

4. copia

In regards to the Softphone presence status and Chat:

It would be nice to have the disabled box showing some sort of text that "you cannot chat to the, because their status is set to [away],[dnd],[away2]", etc. It's not very obvious to the user right away, when you want to send an IM chat message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.