• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Setting the STUN server port ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatboy40

Reaction score
(I'm at home at the moment, so I'll log a proper support call on this in the morning)

The SIP trunk provider here in the UK that I use uses port 10000 for their STUN server rather than the default STUN port (3478 ?), but in the 3CX Phone I see not option to specify the port used ?.

So, to specify a specific port would I enter the STUN server address as for example...

stun.3cx.com:10000

... or would this not work ?.

I would say yes to your question.
Normally, I leave the stun setting to the default: stun.3cx.com, when connected directly to my provider.

I tested this out on my 3CXPhone connected to my VoIP provider directly.
I set the stun server as stun.3cx.com:10000 (just to mimic your suggested example) and my phone would not register. (as expected because 10000 is not the expected port for the 3cxphone stun server.
Then, I set stun server value as: stun.3cx.com:3478 and...... it registered normally with my voip provider.

I expect port 3478 is assumed by the 3cxphone and not required to be specified.
But, if your otherwise specified stun server uses a different port, then it appears that yes, you need to specify that port as you initially suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.