Setting up a remote hard phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by scythe000, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scythe000

I'm looking at this: http://www.3cx.com/blog/support/documentation/networking/sip-proxy-manager and it looks fairly easy. Does anyone know if I can configure a Polycom SP IP430 or IP550 to connect remotely?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are planning on setting up several "remote" phones at one location, then the Proxy Manager is probably the best way to go, it can eliminate a lot of headaches.

If it's just one set, and the set has a STUN setting, then there should be no issues. Of course, problem can arise due to many factors that may be unique to your particular installation, including the type/make/model of router that the set is behind and other devices on that network.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Other option is to set a VPN tunnel between the sites using routers. This type of solution may be preferred in many cases.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Proxy manager is the best solution in case if multiple phones are connecting to PBX from the remote office.
    P.S. If you don't like Proxy manager then, for fun, you can try to configure your phone to use STUN server on PBX_IP:pBX_PORT...
    It will be interesting experience...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. scythe000

SY,
    what are the OS requirements for the Proxy Manager?

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Any supported OS:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/supported-windows-versions/

It must work even on unsupported OS like:
    Windows XP Home
    Windows Vista Home Basic/Premium Edition
    Windows 7 Starter Edition/home/premium Edition

7. scythe000

ok, i see, so i can install the proxy manager on a pc, have even an unsupported phone like the IP 430 point to that...soI should still be able to do auto provisioning then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.