Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Setting Up - Dialing Out with a regular phoneline

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sbutler, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbutler

How can I setup my 3CX BETA 3 to use a regular phoneline? I already have a modem in the computer. How would I set that up to work?

Thanks,
    Butler.
    :?:

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Modem is not good enough, you need an ATA (which can be part of a modem). This is a little device for exampla a SPA-3102 converts the "0110010010100010101" to "Hello MUM".

So digital to analogue (assuming your regular phoneline is analogue) and back.

You do not need a VoIP provider if you want to have all you calls going via the PSTN (POTS). You can use 3cx to dial direct to the PSTN (if you have an ata).

I am still trying to get that back to work so I can report this back in an other discussion on this forum. I had it working but for the live of it I can not get it working again :-(.

Henk.

3. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member

I would not rule out a VoIP provider line though. They are quick and easy and require no devices hanging around. PSTN gateways have there advantages too ! If you are confused and unfamiliar with the terminology be sure to have a look at our manual for a light explanation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ocamara

Hi,
    For call to several countries, probably you can make the phones calls more cheaper that your analog line.
    In some cases is free!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.