• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Setting up DID, not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydr1l

Reaction score
At a small location with analog lines, in earlier version of 3CX all I had to do was go into the trunk area and select a number and I could send it anywhere I wanted, extension, ring group, etc.

Now with the newer versions, I can't select an individual number to route anywhere, and when I go into "PSTN Gateways>Edit Gateway>DID" and add the number and add a number to be routed. Then go into "Inbound Rules" and edit for pointing to an extension, it does not work.

I'm trying to allow a dialed number to bypass the digital receptionist and go to an extension. Granted I might be doing this wrong, but what would be the correct way, or what am I missing about what I've already done?

Thank you

Hello @lloydr1l,

You can do this in the Extension settings.
Navigate to your Management Console > Extensions > Select Ext > General > Direct Inbound Dialing (DID).
2017-06-20_10h26_40.png

Hello @lloydr1l,

You can do this in the Extension settings.
Navigate to your Management Console > Extensions > Select Ext > General > Direct Inbound Dialing (DID).
View attachment 5756

Hello, and thanks for the response. I do not see "Direct Inbound Dialing" under the General tab. This is on a version 14 system.

You have DIDs with analog lines ?! Are you sure about that ? Are you maybe jusy trying to route one of the physical analog lines in your gateway to a different location than the other lines ?

You have DIDs with analog lines ?! Are you sure about that ? Are you maybe jusy trying to route one of the physical analog lines in your gateway to a different location than the other lines ?

Not sure on the first part of question, but I am definitely trying to route one of the lines to a different location. I used to be able to do that in earlier versions, but I am not sure how to in later versions whereas the individual numbers have been replaced with virtual extension numbers like 90001 for example. That virtual extension number encompasses multiple individual numbers, and I don't know how to route them individually.

We have a main number that handles everything, and don't give out the other numbers. I just want to take one of those lines, and should I give it out to someone, have it routed differently if directly called. Perhaps that's not possible, not sure.

Gotcha .. what kind of gateway are you using ? Patton ?

Yes, there are 2 Patton 4114 FXO units, total of 8 lines. The Patton gateways and 3CX work well for the location, but since going to newer versions of 3CX, I have the previously mentioned issue. Now instead of having 8 individual numbers I could send wherever, I've got 2 virtual extensions 90001 and 90002 and no idea how to handle the individual numbers anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.