Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Setting up DID, not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lloydr1l, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lloydr1l

At a small location with analog lines, in earlier version of 3CX all I had to do was go into the trunk area and select a number and I could send it anywhere I wanted, extension, ring group, etc.

Now with the newer versions, I can't select an individual number to route anywhere, and when I go into "PSTN Gateways>Edit Gateway>DID" and add the number and add a number to be routed. Then go into "Inbound Rules" and edit for pointing to an extension, it does not work.

I'm trying to allow a dialed number to bypass the digital receptionist and go to an extension. Granted I might be doing this wrong, but what would be the correct way, or what am I missing about what I've already done?

Thank you

2. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @lloydr1l,

You can do this in the Extension settings.
    Navigate to your Management Console > Extensions > Select Ext > General > Direct Inbound Dialing (DID).
    2017-06-20_10h26_40.png

3. lloydr1l

Hello, and thanks for the response. I do not see "Direct Inbound Dialing" under the General tab. This is on a version 14 system.

4. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

You have DIDs with analog lines ?! Are you sure about that ? Are you maybe jusy trying to route one of the physical analog lines in your gateway to a different location than the other lines ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lloydr1l

Not sure on the first part of question, but I am definitely trying to route one of the lines to a different location. I used to be able to do that in earlier versions, but I am not sure how to in later versions whereas the individual numbers have been replaced with virtual extension numbers like 90001 for example. That virtual extension number encompasses multiple individual numbers, and I don't know how to route them individually.

We have a main number that handles everything, and don't give out the other numbers. I just want to take one of those lines, and should I give it out to someone, have it routed differently if directly called. Perhaps that's not possible, not sure.

6. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Gotcha .. what kind of gateway are you using ? Patton ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. lloydr1l

Yes, there are 2 Patton 4114 FXO units, total of 8 lines. The Patton gateways and 3CX work well for the location, but since going to newer versions of 3CX, I have the previously mentioned issue. Now instead of having 8 individual numbers I could send wherever, I've got 2 virtual extensions 90001 and 90002 and no idea how to handle the individual numbers anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.