• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Setting up DIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

muaddib32

Reaction score
I've tried to follow the instructions in the admin manual but I can't get DIDs to work. It keeps saying "Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification" in the server log.

I've added Source Identification by DID to the VOIP Provider settings and tried changing the mask and the field it's checking but can't get it to work.

Anyone able to suggest what I might have wrong?

Requirement is, you get a telephone number block from your provider.

Oh, really!? Wow, that's a surprise. I would never have thought of that. No wonder I was having trouble when the numbers I was calling weren't even connected.

Turns out that I needed to have a wildcard * at the start of the mask in the DID. This is not mentioned in the text of the admin manual but is actually shown in the example image.

Unfortunately it varies by provider.

You need to look at the logs to see what 3cx is receiving to know what to put in there.

Some providers are great and others (such as yours) sometimes send the number and sometimes send the number with the international dial code prefix, in which case the * solves that problem as you found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.