Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Setting up DIDs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by muaddib32, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muaddib32

I've tried to follow the instructions in the admin manual but I can't get DIDs to work. It keeps saying "Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification" in the server log.

I've added Source Identification by DID to the VOIP Provider settings and tried changing the mask and the field it's checking but can't get it to work.

Anyone able to suggest what I might have wrong?

2. aveiser@veiser.de

Requirement is, you get a telephone number block from your provider.

3. muaddib32

Oh, really!? Wow, that's a surprise. I would never have thought of that. No wonder I was having trouble when the numbers I was calling weren't even connected.

4. muaddib32

Turns out that I needed to have a wildcard * at the start of the mask in the DID. This is not mentioned in the text of the admin manual but is actually shown in the example image.

5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Unfortunately it varies by provider.

You need to look at the logs to see what 3cx is receiving to know what to put in there.

Some providers are great and others (such as yours) sometimes send the number and sometimes send the number with the international dial code prefix, in which case the * solves that problem as you found.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.