Setting up Time Warner Cable as VOIP Provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

Has any one used Time Warner Cable as a VOIP Provider
    I have a Dynamic Public IP Address

The phone service and Internet are in the same Arris TG1672

I need advice on how to setup the SIP Trunk for Time Warner

In the setup I assume that the SIP Server IP Address would be the Priviate Side of the TG1672 router - is this correct

VOIP Provider Wizard
    Account Details
    External Number - where do I get this is it the phone number
    Authentication ID - where do I get this
    3 way Authenication ID - Where do I get this

2. 12494

12494 Member

I think perhaps you should be addressing this to Time Warner.

Have you in fact purchased Time Warner SIP Trunk service? It is my understanding that they provide an edge device and a dedicated circuit for your voice with a static IP address. I've got one client with this setup but I inherited them and was not involved in the initial configuration.

You can, however, use your TW data circuit with a third part SIP Trunk service provided you have adequate bandwidth to support both. Some SIP providers will support name/password authentication and not require a static IP address however 3CX wants you to have a static IP.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

Time Warners people have no clue, thats why I was looking to find some who has used them.

The static IP as a requirement by 3CX does not seem to be a little fuzzy since I have seen on the forms page some people talking about using a Dynamic IP and a Dynamic DNS service

I would like to understand how this works and why the requirement

4. 12494

12494 Member

Try calling Time Warner ADVANCED Product Support 877-627-2892. When you reach a live person tell them you are calling about SIP trunking. You should be connected to someone that knows what you are looking for.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.