Setting up VoipBuster with 3CX free

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by schipleon, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schipleon

Hello everyone!

I'm pretty new to this system, so I do not know much of it yet.
    At my Asus Eee I installed the free version of 3CX phone system, to have the ability to have a digital receptionist and to use my voipbuster-account with my Voip-In number.

However I have no clue how to make it work, as when I go to the Add VOIP Provider Wizard, I first of all do not see Voipbuster at all in the list. So I tried to follow the steps with one of the providers and thereafter I editted it with the voipbuster-information.

But still it does not work and the status remains not registered.

What do I have to do to make it working? Thank you in advance!

With kind regards,
    schipleon

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

schipleon,

Please visit "User Control Panel" link and try to estimate how much you "pretty new" are.
    If you are really the "pretty new" then please report this issue to Administrator.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. schipleon

Ey,

Euhmz, what do you mean? YEs i know I joined like one year ago, though I did not do anything with it.

So therefore my question:) I really need some help on this one:)

Hopefully someone has an answer to it.

Thank you in advance!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the VoIP provider that you use isn't listed then just use the generic VoIP set-up. There are generally four bits of info that you need to have...Your phone number, username (sometimes they are the same), password and the location of their SIP server.

3CX has a log system available so that you can see why you aren't able to register with your provider. It could be as simple as a miss-typed password, or it could be an issue with your router blocking the messages that 3CX needs to see.

5. jwnesbitt

hi

I am using poivy.com as a gateway, they are the same company that do VoIPBUSTER

in the add provider section, i chose "generic VoIP provider"

use
    SIP port : 5060
    Registrar : sip.voipbuster.com
    Account name : your VoipBuster username
    Password : your VoipBuster password
    Display name/number : your VoipBuster username or voipnumber

regards

Jody

6. schipleon

Thank you so much! I will try it as soon as possible:)

7. MrKoen

Schipleon, I have VoipBuster working perfectly here in combination with 3CX. The settings jwnesbitt provided should do the trick. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll send you some screenshots of my configuration in 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. schipleon

Heey!

Thank you for your replies! The system I'm trying to use is at the moment at the university; I assume there are ports that needed to be forwarded, which is of course not possible over there. I'll try it as soon as possible when I'm back home!

I'll let you know if I still have problems! And of course wether the problem has been solved:)

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are trying to set up 3Cx behind a University router (one that you have no control over) then you are likely to have problems. You won't be able to forward any ports and have no idea what type of firewall is involved. You might think about setting up 3CX elsewhere (at home?) and then tunnel through to it using the 3CX softphone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.