Setting up Yealink W52P DECT

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Adam Jasinski, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Jasinski

Has anyone successfully setup up a W52P? I have followed the instructions here -https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-dect-w52p/

But no luck. It seems that the base WILL NOT reset no matter what I try so it holds onto old settings or something.

2. MRM

MRM

Hi Adam,

As of V15 SP4:
    Please find Firmware http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=110
    (found under w56 but include w52)
    Go to "FXS/DECT"
    Click "Add FXS/DECT"
    Choose "Yealink" from the "Select Brand" drop down box
    Choose "Yealink W52P" from the "Select model/device" drop down box
    Enter the MAC Address of the W52P base station
    Go to the "Extensions" tab
    Populate all 5 extensions (even if you have less than 5 handsets as there is a known issue where if this is not done then the .cfg file is not created which will be resolved in the next Service Pack)
    Click "OK"

Enter the Provisioning link in to the base station.

3. LiscardGP

Hi

Still no success trying to register a Yealink W52P phone :-(

I have followed all instructions trying to get a W52P to register with 3cx version 15. It worked fine with version 14, and did so with version 15 (after restoring back up file as part of the upgrade to version 15) until I updated the firmware and template.

I have latest service packs, firmware, template installed and followed instructions as above.

As stated by MRM above I needed to populate all 5 extensions before 3cx would generate a configuration file. I entered the same extension in each field.

The configuration definitely loaded into the base station as the handset now shows all 6 lines with the same extension number. Unfortunately all are unavailable and the phone has not registered with 3cx, and remains listed as a "new phone" in the Phones node.

Additionally I am now unable to access the phones web interface as the userid/password have changed.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

NB. The W52P is on the same sub net (LAN) as the server, and our FQDN is provided through 3CX and and appears to resolve appropriately when checked using nslookup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 LiscardGP, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @LiscardGP

It sounds like you have downloaded the firmware and template for SP5 from the downloads section and that is what is causing the issue.
    You need to revert back to the template for SP4 as the new template only works for the upcoming SP5.

5. LiscardGP

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I did download the most recent template, so you may well be correct.

Where do I find the previous template?

Thanks for your help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Sopock

Sopock Member

Is that beta?
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/v15-sp4-beta-2-program/
    So the complete list of commands should look like this:

7. LiscardGP

Hi Sopock

It was Debian Ver 8.6.0.

Thanks for your interest.

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I have sent you a p.m.

9. Sopock

Sopock Member

10. LiscardGP

I have upgraded to 3CX SP5 and, using the correct firmware, registered the phone without a hitch. Process went smoothly and phone working normally.

I only added one extension when adding phone through 3CX and the configuration file was generated and applied faultlessly.

Many thanks for your support.

11. busch

Very Helpful post !
    Thank You !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.