• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

setting up your own sip trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete-TPP

Reaction score
I've managed to buy numbers, in order to connect them to 3cx I need a sip trunk. Anyone who can tell me how I can set up a sip trunk to connect this to 3cx?

I'm assuming that you bought the numbers from a VoIP provider? You have to have a high speed internet connection to the PC running 3CX. Data-fill the trunk(s) in 3Cx using the information that your VoIP provider should have given you. If you read the 3CX manual it will point you in the right direction.

We'll I want to become a voip provider. I build a businessmodel using 3cx. So I need to have a sip trunk to use the numbers I bought at the gouvernmental organisation.

If you are trying to sell VoIP services, using 3CX or any other SIP server, then this probably isn't the forum to go to for information in getting started from scratch.

3CX PBX is a "small" business solution and it is _only_ the _"PBX"_. Sorry, but it is not designed to work as VoIP provider designed by the "real world"
If "PBX" and "service provider" became the synonyms it is, definitely, the problem of "definitions"

To be honest, you may try (if you can ;) ) to simulate a functionality of "service provider" using our PBX, but it will be _only_ a simulation.

Thanks a lot for a challenge :)

Hello Stepan,

Thank you for your advice. But I have found a way to work with it. I'm only offering it to a small group of my own customers who alle get their own number. Same as a medium sized Enterprise. That is why I'm looking for a way to connect numbers trough a sip trunk. Otherwise I'm still depending on de sip trunk provider. Then there is no win for my customers.

Pete-TPP said:
Hello Stepan,

Thank you for your advice. But I have found a way to work with it. I'm only offering it to a small group of my own customers who alle get their own number. Same as a medium sized Enterprise. That is why I'm looking for a way to connect numbers trough a sip trunk. Otherwise I'm still depending on de sip trunk provider. Then there is no win for my customers.

I didn't tell that it is not possible as well as didn't try to stop you :) . I've just specified that some functionality may not be provided and you should take care about some "invisible" things.

Thanks

Dear Stepan,

Ik understand. That is why I want to start of with 3CX. When there is enough potential I want to look at other possibilities. But anyway. Do you maybe know how to set up a sip trunk? :)

Pete-TPP said:
Dear Stepan,

Ik understand. That is why I want to start of with 3CX. When there is enough potential I want to look at other possibilities. But anyway. Do you maybe know how to set up a sip trunk? :)

Excuse me for the answer in form of a question:
Do you know any "nonproprietary" or "clear" definition of "SIP trunk"?

Thanks

I will tell you how to do it if you pay my standard consulting fees. 8)

Send me an offer, and I will seriously concider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.