setting up your own sip trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Pete-TPP, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete-TPP

I've managed to buy numbers, in order to connect them to 3cx I need a sip trunk. Anyone who can tell me how I can set up a sip trunk to connect this to 3cx?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that you bought the numbers from a VoIP provider? You have to have a high speed internet connection to the PC running 3CX. Data-fill the trunk(s) in 3Cx using the information that your VoIP provider should have given you. If you read the 3CX manual it will point you in the right direction.

3. Pete-TPP

We'll I want to become a voip provider. I build a businessmodel using 3cx. So I need to have a sip trunk to use the numbers I bought at the gouvernmental organisation.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are trying to sell VoIP services, using 3CX or any other SIP server, then this probably isn't the forum to go to for information in getting started from scratch.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

3CX PBX is a "small" business solution and it is _only_ the _"PBX"_. Sorry, but it is not designed to work as VoIP provider designed by the "real world"
    If "PBX" and "service provider" became the synonyms it is, definitely, the problem of "definitions"

To be honest, you may try (if you can ;) ) to simulate a functionality of "service provider" using our PBX, but it will be _only_ a simulation.

Thanks a lot for a challenge :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Pete-TPP

Hello Stepan,

Thank you for your advice. But I have found a way to work with it. I'm only offering it to a small group of my own customers who alle get their own number. Same as a medium sized Enterprise. That is why I'm looking for a way to connect numbers trough a sip trunk. Otherwise I'm still depending on de sip trunk provider. Then there is no win for my customers.

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

I didn't tell that it is not possible as well as didn't try to stop you :) . I've just specified that some functionality may not be provided and you should take care about some "invisible" things.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Pete-TPP

Dear Stepan,

Ik understand. That is why I want to start of with 3CX. When there is enough potential I want to look at other possibilities. But anyway. Do you maybe know how to set up a sip trunk? :)

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Excuse me for the answer in form of a question:
    Do you know any "nonproprietary" or "clear" definition of "SIP trunk"?

Thanks

10. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I will tell you how to do it if you pay my standard consulting fees. 8)

11. Pete-TPP

Send me an offer, and I will seriously concider it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.