Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

settings are saved, but changes back when restarted

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Enoch, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enoch

Just putting this out here. I have noticed a strange behavior with the 3CX Phone for Windows.

I had to make some changes to the settings. For example, I had to change Out of Office server from my3cx.mycompany.com to an IP address (dont ask why) and also enable Use 3CX Tunneling when Out of Office. I click OK to save changes.

Double clicking the account, the settings are still there. Make a couple phone calls. Change to different account and come back and settings are still there.

Now if I quit 3CX Phone, restart it and go into Configure Accounts, the settings of my selected account (only happens with the selected account), will reverted back to original settings Out of Office goes back to my3cx.mycompany.com and Use 3CX Tunneling when Out of Office is unselected.

Is anyone else seeing this bug? does anyone have fix?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. Enoch

@leejor - it is not the same issue. I'm not losing my settings completely. My issue is the custom settings I am making are initially saved. But once I exit the 3CX phone (no matter if it is by Settings > Exit Client or right click system tray icon > Exit) the current active/selected account settings reverts back to the welcome config file setting. I can replicate this consistently and with every account on the 3CX phone.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Try double-clicking the account and scrolling to the bottom, there you should see a "Re-Provision on Start-Up" option. Try disabling that.

Attached Files:

5. Enoch

OMG!!! @NickD_3CX awesome!!! I think that was the solution... let me run with this new setting for a couple days and if there are any further problems I'll let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.