• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Settings for call routing - ring groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasler

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hello.
I'm actually working with the RC2 of the 7.1 3cx software.

In the settings of the pbx i find in different places the possibility to set the call routing during office hours

1) PSTN virtual port number for example port n. 10000
2) I have set two DID in the virtual pstn port 10000, so therfore I can seth the call routing during office hours also on each DID unter the virtual port 10000
3) The same problem for me is when I have a VOIP Provider where I have set a DID. Two places where I can set the call routing for the same number
4) Inbound rules. Her I can also set the call routing during office hours

Can someone explane me where I must set the call routing? Wich setting "overrules" the othe settings?

I have also a second question. Unter the general settings I can set the office hours.
What happens when I dont't set the office hours (default values). Is then the office hour from 00:00 to 24:00?

Thanks for your help :)

Andreas

Hi

Code:
1) PSTN virtual port number for example port n. 10000 
2) I have set two DID in the virtual pstn port 10000, so therfore I can seth the call routing during office hours also on each DID unter the virtual port 10000
3) The same problem for me is when I have a VOIP Provider where I have set a DID. Two places where I can set the call routing for the same number
4) Inbound rules. Her I can also set the call routing during office hours

Can someone explane me where I must set the call routing? Wich setting "overrules" the othe settings?

1)Virtual number is not related - this is a unique value related to the line.
2)Good
3)first Add the DID in the DID tab. Just there. Make sure you add them in the respective line. That is if you want to add them, under the voip provider that has a virtual extension number of 10002, make sure you select 10002 from the drop down list and click on the add button to add the DID's you enter in the space provided. First make this change and then go to the DID's by clicking on them either a) from the TREE under their respective Voip provider node or b) click on Inbound rules - here you will have ALL the DID's of all the lines (gateways and Voip Providers Mixed together)
4) The inbound rules are important because as you said - here you create a name for the DID and you can set forwarding rules.

Therefore think of it like this:
VOIP PROVIDER PAGE -> DID TAB - this is to create DID's.
INBOUND RULES -> To change the destination and name of each DID.

Make a test like this - >> this configuration is enough for most providers.
If routing does not work then we will move to the source ID tab but first do the above.

I have also a second question. Unter the general settings I can set the office hours.
What happens when I dont't set the office hours (default values). Is then the office hour from 00:00 to 24:00?

If you leave the default value, it is considered as all day Out of office hours.

Yes there is an office hour that takes all day - What you have to do is enter it like this
00:00 -> 23.59

This will be practically 24 hours. It is a small limitation that we cannot enter 24:00 yes.

Ok thanks for your explanation.
My problem ist that I have set two ring groups.
The problem ist that the setting works only when I set it in the "Gateway Port" in my case Virtual Port 10000.
When i set the ring group here than it works.
When I set the ring group in the DID number (below in the tree of the virtual port 10000) then this settings doesn't work.
Do I have to set someting in the settings of the virtual port 10000 so that the settings in the DID number will work?

Thanks for your help,

Andresa

Send me the support info - it is faster for me. Just go to help and click on generate support info.
Send me email [email protected]

In the email specify the main number and also the DID.

For the guys monitoring this post i am suggesting the following

Add the did's like this (because like they are the pbx is going to try and match the numbers exactly.

Do them like this: Example - IF DID NUMBERS ARE 12345678 and 12349101 delete the current DID's and add the following:

This will mean MATCH ANYTHING (*) BEFORE 5678 and BEFORE 9101

Since 1234 is common in both DID's replace the common entity with a wildcard

Try like this and let me know

Hi,
the settings for the DID's worked for the ring group problem :) Thanks.
Now everything works fine.

Have an outstanding day,

Andreas

I have only one little problem left.
I have set two DID's in my PSTN gateway setting

The problem is that the phone rings short when a fax machine is calling.
But the DID *38665 is not set in the PSTN gateway, so I don't understand why the phone is ringing until our fax machine (not the 3cx fax server) is answering.

Thanks for your help,

Andreas

Create a did for this and forward it to FAX.

Yes if the DID is not configured, the provider will send all calls to the main number.

Do the call comes in to the main number - (whatever you dial in main number or any DID).
Then the matching is made from the gateway in - the pbx will see what DID's it has and matches the source.

If it finds a match in the did, it accepts it and passes it to the destination configured at the DID.

If it doesn't find a match, but the number is valid (because the telco processed it and sent it to you) the pbx will use a more relaxed mechanism and will forward this to the main number. Probably the extension configured on the main number is ringing.

The safest way is to add a did.

Yes you have a short ring. Fax answers after 2 rings. This is why you get a short ring. (you have something like sip forked ID) The moment Fax answers the phone stops ringing.)

What you can do - the isdn box has analogue ports that represent a configured number. YOu can make ISDN to tel routing from provider. Plug in FXO port of the fax number you want in the fax machine.

Add a DID for FAX - and you will have 2 fax receivers. One in PBX and the other physical. Lets say one fails or something - you have the other as a backup. This can be done. I dont know the exact details but it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.