Settings for Sony Ericsson Elm

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Zoom123, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoom123

Hello,

I just installed the free version of 3CX to try it out.

I also installed the 3CXPhone on my computer (the same computer that runs the 3CX Server) and everything works OK with it.

I am now trying to connect my Sony Ericsson Elm phone on the system, but I am not sure how. This phone has Wi-Fi which is currently connected to my LAN. It also has "SIP Settings" which are the following:

User address:

Proxy Server
    Proxy address:
    Port: 5060
    Realm:
    Username:
    Password:

Registrar server
    Registrar address:
    Port: 5060
    Realm:
    Username:
    Password:

What should I enter in these fields to make 3cx server to "see" my phone? And apart from entering these settings, is there anything else I should do?

Thank you

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm not sure this phone has built-in VoIP client (having and configuring SIP settings is not enough). The same is the situation with many Nokia phones.

You will need some 3rd party VoIP client -- unfortunately I can't recommend any. Try searching VoIP forums.
    Using Fring or Nimbuzz (if compatible) could be a partial solution.

3CX free edition is irrelevant to the problem, paid editions make no difference.

Regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Zoom123

Thanks.

But what would be the point of having SIP Settings if it can not function as a SIP client?

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Mostly for paid (or free) 3rd party applications -- Gizmo used to be example of this, or you may write your own.

MO is such an application: http://www.mo-call.com/en/mobile-voip/sony-ericsson/elm
    Nevertheless I think you can not use MO to register to 3CX or other SIP server / IP PBX -- it is intended as VoIP client for their VoIP service only (proprietary).

Search Internet forums for VoIP clients for Elm.

Regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Zoom123

Thanks. It seems that my phone doesn't really support VoIP after all.

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Try using Fring or Nimbuzz -- they are intended to register to a VoIP provider, 3CX system is OK, if the Elm is used as remote phone, not on the LAN. There should be a version of these free VoIP applications for Elm, at least this is the way to do the job with Nokia phones not having VoIP client (only SIP settings like Elm).

Best regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.