Setup Asterisk to connect to 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by spiderag, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiderag

hello,
    i have two computers, one with windows and 3CX and the other with linux and Asterisk server. I was able to add the Asterisk server as a voip provider to the 3CX, but not yet the other was round. firstable I created an extension in 3CX(username=callerid=1030. pwd=Phone) and then i tried to add this extension to asterisk in the following way:

register => 1030@192.168.1.253:phone:1030@192.168.1.253
    [1030]
    type=peer
    context=3CX
    secret=Phone
    username=1030
    ;auth=user@realm
    host=192.168.1.253
    fromuser=1030
    fromdomain=192.168.0.254
    insecure=very
    nat=yes
    reinvite=no
    canreinvite=no
    disallow=all
    allow=ulaw
    allow=alaw
    allow=gsm
    allow=ilbc
    callerid="1030"<1030>

where 192.168.1.253 is the IP adress of the windows computer on which 3CX is hosted and 192.168.0.254 is of the linux computer. I was able to log in from the linux computer via SJPhone, so my question how should the register command, I mean register => 1030@192.168.1.253:phone:1030@192.168.1.253, look like so that the 3CX accepts the new user. In deed there are many forms depending on the sip server, e.g. username:pwd@sipserver[:port] or username@sipserver:pwd:username@proxy ans so on. So what is the standard by 3CX.
    here some further information about how it is stored on the asterisk server:
    * Name : 1030
    Secret : <Set>
    MD5Secret : <Not set>
    Context : 3CX
    Subscr.Cont. : <Not set>
    Language :
    AMA flags : Unknown
    Transfer mode: open
    CallingPres : Presentation Allowed, Not Screened
    FromUser : 1030
    FromDomain : 192.168.0.254
    Callgroup :
    Pickupgroup :
    Mailbox :
    VM Extension : asterisk
    LastMsgsSent : 32767/65535
    Call limit : 0
    Dynamic : No
    Callerid : "E1-PH00" <1000>
    MaxCallBR : 384 kbps
    Expire : -1
    Insecure : port,invite
    Nat : Always
    ACL : No
    T38 pt UDPTL : No
    CanReinvite : No
    PromiscRedir : No
    User=Phone : No
    Video Support: No
    Trust RPID : No
    Send RPID : No
    Subscriptions: Yes
    Overlap dial : Yes
    DTMFmode : rfc2833
    LastMsg : 0
    ToHost : 192.168.1.253
    Addr->IP : 192.168.1.253 Port 5060
    Defaddr->IP : 0.0.0.0 Port 0
    Def. Username: 1030
    SIP Options : (none)
    Codecs : 0x40e (gsm|ulaw|alaw|ilbc)
    Codec Order : (ulaw:20,alaw:20,gsm:20,ilbc:30)
    Auto-Framing: No
    Useragent :
    Reg. Contact :

2. francesco

francesco New Member

if you use Asterisk server as a voip provider to the 3CX, you not use register
    because config only trunk on 3cx that register to Asterisk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. spiderag

again, both asterisk and 3CX are voip provider and I want to connect them to each other in the following way:
    3CX connects to asterisk as a sip client(using the option add voip provider and this was successful)
    asterisk also should connect to 3CX as a sip client and this is what I am tying, so how should I formulate the register command in the asterisk server to enable it to connect to the 3CX voip server, which form is standard by the 3CX?

4. francesco

francesco New Member

register=> user:secret@host:port/extensions

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi,

Why don't install both of them in Asterisk if you know to use Asterisk. It is very easy to config if both of them are Asterisk. Just using AIX2 to connect both of them. All SIP info can pass to each other. That's mean any point can return the miss call by dail the missing calls. However, 3CX existing version still cannot return the miss call by press this key. Why? Asterisk can pass the caller id across the sip truck. 3CX-to-3CX bridge cannot (only pass the virtual number's caller id) .

3CX ----> SIP truck ---> Asterisk ( works fine)
    Asterisk ----> SIP truck ---> 3CX ( Failed ) the error as below even the 3CX extension authorization success:
    Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

6. jessydm

this is same problem like mine ..
    dialing with asterisk to 3cx registered trunk...

looks like 3cx is blocking asterisk server ....being closed source , we can't even see reason for authentication issues..

7. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

On 3CX side: try to define Asterisk as a PSTN gateway. How to configure Asterisk - I don't know. Probably 3CX should be a VoIP provider in that case.

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It looks like you are trying to persuade 3CX to resolve configuration issue in Asterisk ;)
    Information is already provided in the topic: configure-asterisk-to-dial-through-3cx-11905.html

Regards

9. abundisnet

Really the configuration for link asterisk to 3CX and viceversa is really easy
    After forgotting this issue from severals days I looked today in this topic today, created trunks on both systems and all work fine.

10. seetarc

Can you share how you configured this to finally work ?

11. jmordica

I just want to know how you make 3cx a client to asterisk. Do you have a how to for that? I've been looking everywhere. Thanks.

12. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.