Setup of Linksys SPA962 Multiline Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Christian, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Christian

We are trying to configure Linksys Multiline SIP Phone SPA962 on the 3cx.
    I configured all 6 "extentions" all all 6 Phones (you can configure 6 Lines per Phone). When doing so it will work on the last phone which is registering with the 3cx. The other phone will not ring.
    I guess that the 3cx can not handle to ring at more than one phone at the same time (is that so?). Also what we are seeing is that external calls will only be routed to the last phone going "online" and registering with the 3CX. (We have configured a hunting group to ring on all phones when those line are called.
    Anybody a suggestion to set up the configuration better?

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi Christian,

Hunt Group:
    If EXT 1 no answer then ring EXT 2.
    If EXT 2 no answer then ring EXT 3.
    If EXT 3 no answer then ring EXT 4.
    If EXT N-1 no answer then ring EXT N.

Ring Group:
    It will ring all the extensions at the same time.

Therefore, you should be using ring group instead of hunt group.

Normally, we using line 1 for sales, line 2 for support, line 3 for CS ........ Which for identify the nature of call.

3. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

Do you mean that you are "registering" all six line appearances on the phone to a different department?

How is this working?

4. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What numbering scheme are you using on the 6 phones and the 6 lines of each phone?

You are configuring 6 extensions (1 per phone)?

The 3CX PBX can have a RING GROUP configured. All the extensions listed in the ring goup will phone (whatever the amount of extensions.)

5. Christian

Answer to the questions

[​IMG]

The SPA (see picture) has six line / Extention Buttons. In the configuration you can configure each to be a "Extention or Line"
    If we have the configuration

Extention 201 Paul
    Extention 202 Peter
    Extention 203 Marry
    Extention 204 Antony
    Extention 205 Bill
    Extention 206 Carl

and all work in the same Office if one of them is not there the others want to pic up the ringing line for the other induvidual i.e. Paul picks up the line from Carl by pressing the 6th button on his phone (which should be flashing)

So all 6 phone would have each all 6 extentions configured and each Telefon would register all 6 lines with the 3cx.

What seems to happen is that the 3cx will only recongnize the "last registering phone" and if somebody calls the extention 202 only the phone which registered last with the 3cx will receive the calls and the extention called will flash. But really all 6 phones should be flashing lets say on extention 205.

6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I believe what you are trying to do is a shared extension. Currently this is not supported with 3CX (but they are working on it?). What you are experiencing is the extension is registering on the new line key and removing the registration from the other phone.
    I'm having the same problems with my 942 phones. Same exact issues. Whatever extension registers last is the current one in use.

Only thing you could do is unplug the phone when it's not in use. So if Mary is out of the office her extension would ring at another phone. When she comes back she would have the latest registration and should ring. Not a perfect scenario but a temporary fix until 3CX supports multiple extension registrations.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is a work arround for you (might work).

To make all phones ring you have to setup a ring group and all phones ring. When 201 picks up the call gets routed to that number.

But you want each individual number to ring if the call is direct and want to pickup the phone by someone else if the 201 does not pick up.

This is called blind pick-up.

What you can do is for each phone configure the buttons to be for example:

Extention 201 Paul button 1 *10*201
    Extention 202 Peter button 2 *10* 202
    Extention 203 Marry button 3 *10* 203
    Extention 204 Antony button 4 *10* 204
    Extention 205 Bill button 5 *10* 205
    Extention 206 Carl no button as this is their phone. :).

Might work might not but it is a temp work arround.

8. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Henk - I don't think you can program the extension buttons as you describe can you?
    AFAIK you need to have each extension button programmed as an extension.

9. UmerRazi

pickup from multiple extensions

I have the same issue. Please let me know what was the resolution from the previous posting. How can extension be programed. I have only three extensions 100, 101,102. How I can program so that any one can attend the extension. Thanks