Setup outbound caller id to show called number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bangsjaman, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bangsjaman

Hi,

I have different DID each forwarding to different queues, and each queue could have extensions which is forwarded to mobile phones.

I want the caller id on the mobile to show the original called number. For instance if customer calls sales department, I want the mobile to show the number of the sales department when it receives the call.

I can make the mobile show either the "OriginatorCallerID" or a fixed number, but not the number that was actually dialed. How can I solve this?

Benjamin

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I am not sure you can do that with some callerid rules, though the 3cx guys may be able to help there.

There is a work around though it gets more complex as you add more mobiles to the queue.

The best way to do it is to create extensions for each queue type (e.g. 101, 102, 103 for sales, 104, 105, 106, 107 for support etc.)

Then on those extensions set the outbound caller id to the Did the customer would call on (e.g 101, 102 103 would have the sales did as caller id). Then set each extension to forward to the cellphone using rebound which will show the caller id of the extension.

so did1 would go to queue 1 with 101, 102, 103 in it and 101 forwards to cell 1, 102 to cell2 etc. Did 2 would go to queue2 with 104, 105, 106 and 107 in it. 104 also forwards to cell1, 105 to cell2 etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.