Setup pickup group with Openstage 40 SIP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by reise, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reise

Hi,

currently I'm trying to do setup up a pickup group with several unify Openstage 40 SIP phones.
    Pickup a call wia dial codes works well. Only problem here is that one has to know every extension number to manually enter the dial code for group pickup and called extension in office or company to pickup a call.

The Openstage 40 phones do also offer a 'group pickup' function to specify pickup groups though. That sounds very comfortable, one only presses a button and get the current call in a pickup group and it doesn't matter what extension is called.

To configure a Openstage 40 phone for pickup group functionality I need a 'Group pickup URI' (see attached sreenshot). Don't know what to insert here and can't find anything about such an URI in 3cx docs.

Is that possible? Unify support is rather lousy (had a try with these guys).
    Does anybody know how this works or has even setuped a pickup group with Openstage phones?

Regards

Attached Files:

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not sure that I know enough to help, but it seems to me that perhaps the same functionality is available in 3CX to a degree. For the group, you can assign the extensions (Extensions) of interest to a specific group and then specify that the extension can only pick-up calls for the group (Settings, General, Global Options). Then when a call comes in they merely enter in the dial code followed by the send/# key. There is no need to enter in the extension number.

The code using the extension number allows one to pickup a call for that particular extension. Using the code without the extension means that the first ringing extension, regardless, will be picked up. By limiting the pickup capability to a group and then setting the phones within that group, then the need to know the specific extension may be mitigated.

This may help you, but then if you have a need to pickup outside the group or have multiple groups, this may not be viable. Also, I do not know how it will react to ring groups and queues.

3. reise

Thank you for that inofrmation.
    Basically that's exactly what I was looking for

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.