Setup Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by char_a_r, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. char_a_r

Hi,

I am quite new to the VoIP world and I am currently testing some devices and need some help.

What I am trying to do is call between softphones in differnt networks, these two networks involve a router for each network and are seperated by a session border controller. I have no NAT configured and no trunks and simply want to call between the two phones.

What I think I need is outbound rules set up, and a 3CX phone system on each network, is this correct?

Would be veryyy greatful for any tips or advice, I have been playing around with X-lite two but I like that the PBX and softphone are available from 3cx.

Thanks very much in advance,

C.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A phone call between two SIP devices would not even require the use of 3CX. However, if you want the flexibility that 3CX allows, then one soft phone can be located on the same network as the PC running 3CX (or even on the same PC) and the second can be set up as a second extension on the other network. You would want to be sure that STUN was enabled on the phone NOT on the same network as 3CX.

3. char_a_r

Thanks for the reply! I have it working now and the SBC working too.

Cheers, C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.