• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Setup Skype as VoIP Provider - Send Traffic from 5070

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynamarine

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post in this forum and forgive me if there is another post opened for the same issue. I have searched the forum but no luck.

I had installed skype in our office 3cx as VoIP Provider and was working perfectly. Yesterday, we update our land line from ADSL to VDSL and our service provider supplied us with a new router. After line installation the 3cx server log, give us the below error for skype registration:

Registration at Skype has failed. Destination (sip:*******************@sip.skype.com:5060) is not reachable, DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available.

We have contact Service Provider technical support department and they inform us that 5060 port is reserved only for their sip traffic and advised us to create a port forward rule (outgoing port 5060 to incoming 5070 and destination the local ip of 3cx) for our 3cx and setup skype listen to 5070.

The question is how to setup skype in 5070 from 3cx interface. The network details are:

3cx ip: 192.168.168.100 - Default gateway:192.168.168.2
Vigor (office router - all machines gateway except 3cx): 192.168.168.1 - Route Policy: Any packet send to 192.168.168.2
Service Provider router ip (for internet and sip): 192.168.168.2

Note that in 3cx we have installed 2 VoIP Providers, one for our Service Provider and the other for Skype.

Thank you in advance!

dynamarine said:
Destination (sip:*******************@sip.skype.com:5060) is not reachable, DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available.

The port 5060, in this log, is the port that Skype expects to be "contacted" on.

There is nothing that you can do about that, it is a fixed port at their end.

If port 5060 is being used, at your end, by a service provided by your ISP, then you will have to change the port that 3CX expects to receive SIP messaging on. The default port is 5060, so there would be a conflict.

What the log might be indicating is that when a registration attempt is made to Skype, 3CX tells Skype to reply on port 5060, which is being intercepted by your new router, so 3CX assumes that it's registration attempt never got through.

Thank you leejor for your answer.

We have solved our problem with a bridge connection between 2 routers, a dedicated outbound proxy address in 3CX SIP provider account and a Static route rule in our router.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.