Setup Version 12 Standard

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pdq, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdq

pdq

I cannot get welcome email to send. I get "An exception occurred Error: Server does not support secure connections" error popup.

Where is the detailed documentation?

How is voice mail to email setup in version 12 Standard? I see "Exchange Connector not licensed" in the Event Log. VM to email is a feature of Version 12 Standard.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Voicemail to Email is not the "Exchange Connector".
    Did you perhaps try to setup Exchange Unified Messaging (UM) or Exchange Auto Attendant which is not part of v12 Standard?

You simply need to enter mail server settings
    Settings -> General -> Mail Server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pdq

pdq

Yup, that is all I did. On a separate note, I do not use Facebook in a professional setting and certainly would not allow 3Cx access to email lists as these requires:

Check out these ideas:
    https://apps.facebook.com/threecxideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=96
    https://apps.facebook.com/threecxideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=172.

4. pdq

pdq

The Microsoft Exchange Integration - requires a 3CX Pro License is greyed out and unchecked in the MS Exchange tab under Advanced settings.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Sorry. Do not have any other ideas regarding setting up email. It worked for me out of the box.

Oh and if you do not use facebook then simply don't follow the links in my signature..... :!:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. pdq

pdq

Thanks for the trying to help.

7. rogueblackburn

As craigreilly pointed out, to send the welcome e-mail you just need to configure the mail server settings under Settings/General/Mailserver. Here too no problem encountered using our MS Exchange Server. SSL/TLS is disabled though.

- Send welcome e-mail for extensions
    - Send incoming faxes from 3CX Faxserver
    - Send voicemails

Those are all supported in the Standard Editions of commercial licenses.

The Exchange Integration is as you correctly noted licensed under the PRO Editions, but that is for the Unified Messaging components.

The FREE Edition does not support above features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.