• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Setupconfig.xml not adding extensions/trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

shedster99

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Evening all...have searched to no avail but I'm testing using an answer file based on the example on the 3CX website (https://www.3cx.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/setupconfig.xml) and placed it in the correct directory (C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\setupconfig.xml)

The pbxconfigtool picks this up and creates the PBX with the correct licence and operator extension etc but seems to totally ignore the extensions and the trunk in the .XML file.

It does however pickup the outbound rules and creates this. I have looked in the log file and there's nothing apparent, no errors, nothing.

Anyone else come across similar 'cos this would save me a loooooot of time ?

Thanks in advance.

Can you paste the contents of the file you created? Without that it would be hard to help.

Obviously leave out real names and trunk details as well as the license key, and any other personal data... Just need a sample file that exhibits the behavior you're describing.

Attached is a slightly revised version of the file. Change the extension of the file to .xml, I couldn't upload it otherwise, and try again.
I think there might be a minor issue when placing the file in the C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\ directory (extensions I aren't added), try loading it from the Web Config page and see.

Let me know

Attachments

• setupconfig.txt
    23 KB · Views: 30
Just a small update, the issue that currently exists when placing the setupconfig.xml file into the directory will be resolved in the final release of V15.5 SP3.

Thanks Nick, just had time to test and your file works better insofar as the trunks are all good, inbound rules etc but the extensions still aren't.

Look forward to SP3, thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WarwickHope
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.