• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Several Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Denny

Customer
Reaction score
I am using Gateway 2.0.8743 with 3CX 7.1.7139. I cannot get outbound calling working, and I had a big problem with the gateway 2.0.9919.

I have port 10003/6060 working for inbound calls just fine. PSTN 10003 is set to inbound calls only. I have created a PSTN port 10004/6062 in 3CX and set up outbound rule 02+ to route to it, with it set for outbound calls only. Then I created a second port in the gateway, using the same numbers (10004/6062) and tied it to a separate Skype account which I successfully created. When I start the gateway, both ports connect to both 3CX and Skype and show registered and connected-on hook.

Now for the first problem: After doing this, inbound calls stopped working. A remote Skype calling into the inbound Skype account immediately disconnects with Call Failed. Prior to creating the second port in the gateway, calls to this Skype account worked fine. If I then remove the second (1004/6062) port from the gateway, inbound calls again work.

Second problem: With the second (outbound) gateway port configured, I cannot make outbound calls. I can see the routing i correct in the 3CX log, the number is correctly stripped, and it is routing to the correct PSTN port (10004). Yet an outbound call fails with device offline.

Third problem: I downloaded the 2.0.9919 update from http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-gateway-for-skype-v2-10511.html and installed it. The result was the gateway software was removed except for a few stray DLLs in the Program Files\3CX Gateway For Skype\ folder! The new Start menu entry contained only Uninstall, no entry for the Gateway Monitor. TO recover I had to uninstall 2.0.9919 and reinstall 2.0.8743 (thank heaven I had archived the installer!), and reconfigure the master/inbound port. That went well, and I am now back to being able to receive calls.

Any thoughts on the above three issues would be appreciated. I'd like to solve the first one first, as that is a showstopper. It seems as though adding that second port to the gateway kills its ability to receive calls.

Hi Bob

If I properly understand, it seems to be a case of improper use of "master"- type configuration. Master channel is designed to act as an inbound calls dispatcher, "routing" these to available "slaves". Because of this role, it does not accept outbound calls. Also, it is the last one which really answer a call.
Therefore, my advice is to make the "master" channel a normal one, by simply unchecking this flag on its configuration and tell me how it's going.
Also, you may read this topic, http://www.3cx.com/forums/skype-outgoing-calls-10519.html#p53917 describing quite well master channel behavior.

Regards
vali

P.S. The third problem I will forward it to our tech support since it appears to be an installer issue.

Vali --

Thank you that did it!!! I only have the one port, but since we rarely yse Skype, that should be sufficient. I appreciate your help.

My other question is "Why did adding the slave prevent incoming calls?" Should 3CX be configured for BOTH incoming AND outgoing on BOTH the master and the slave? I didn't do that.

Bob Denny said:
Vali --

Thank you that did it!!! I only have the one port, but since we rarely yse Skype, that should be sufficient. I appreciate your help.

My other question is "Why did adding the slave prevent incoming calls?" Should 3CX be configured for BOTH incoming AND outgoing on BOTH the master and the slave? I didn't do that.
Hi, Bob
In master-slave configuration, incoming calls are routed by master to first available slave. From now, you have to check what's happen with this slave's corresponding PSTN line incoming calls on the PBX - end call, connect to extension, ring group and so on. If this one is set to "End call", for instance, you will get Not Available. If is set to "connect to extension" but this extension is not registered or busy, also you will get not available.
I suggest you that, while skype gateway is running, when such kind of issue happens, to do a right-click on the slave and, from menu, choose Tracelog and try to see what's happening (traces are quite "user-friendly")
Regards
vali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.