Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Shared central phonebook

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mattpayne, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattpayne

I just tried the full demo version to try the 'central phonebook' but cant see how it works... or is it the feature to provision hardware phones with a directory??

what we would like is something along the lines of the microsoft addressbook, but where we can all ad or edit numbers and just click to dial :)

Is there a nice simple software based phonebook that will work? we are quite a small business and the complexities of a full exchange server would be far too costly and over the top! just for a phonebook

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey there,

When provisioning, supported phones also get the address book.

A future version of the 3CX VoIP client will also support the address book.

Thanks,

3. mattpayne

am i correct ina beliving the provisioned phonebook is the one that transfers to the phones memory?

what we need is a windows based phonebook that contains clients addresses and phone numbers, with the option to click a number to dial... is this an option?? its something that had been demoed with another phone system which seemed a nice simple idea! :)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1) Yes, correct

2) The 3CX VoIP Client will serve this purpose once phonebook provisioning support is added (commercial version)

Thanks,

5. mattpayne

Im currently running the Full 2 line version of the software and the voip client has the 'phone book' thing with red/green/yellow dots next to the extension numbers, but I couldnt see how to add a real number to the list? is there a tick box somewhere that I have forgotten to select?! :)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly

7. bsabat

Hi,

Do you know approximately when this feature will be implemented in the 3cxvoipclient ?

Understand that it is a little bit strange to add this function on the server when you can't use it with the "natural" client.....

br
    Bertrand

8. bsabat

Hi Matt,

look in C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXX\Local Settings\Application Data\3CX VoIP Client on your pc (where XXXXX is your userid)
    There is a file speeddials.ini where you will find what your are looking for.

Best regards
    Bertrand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.