• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Shared extension...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCAdmin

Reaction score
I have a program that runs on a server that only allows connections from 1 extension, but have 5 extensions that need to be able to call it. Is there a way to "mask" the extensions? For example, I want to be able to dial from extension 101 or 102 or 103 (etc.) to the 3CX server, but then have the receiving extension think that the call is coming from extension 100 regardless of the originating extension (to clarify, we would not be dialing from all extensions at the same time, only one would be in use at a time). Is this possible?

Using 3CX free version (just downloaded, should be current version) and the 3CXPhone software program (also just downloaded, should be current).

I'm not sure that that will be possible. You could have multiple appearances of Extension 100.

leejor said:
You could have multiple appearances of Extension 100.

Thanks for that. I just tried to set 2 test phones to the same extension (100) and it worked. I didn't think it would let me assign the same extension to multiple phones so I didn't even try it before.

Just be sure to set the busy status in the extension options to allow more than one call. If you don't, then if one appearance of Ext 100 is in use, a call to 100, will not ring the other appearances. That is... if you expect incoming calls on these sets.

If you do a search for SIP Forking, that is what you did. The way I use it is a physical phone is extension 100 and so is the user's softphone. Both ring at the same time so if the user isn't at his/her desk but at their laptop, they can answer and call out through 3CX.

Adam
LeftClickHere.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.