Shared Line Appearance on multi line phone SPA962

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pkothe, Mar 11, 2007.

1. pkothe

I evaluated the Linksys SPA9000 (Not ready for prime time for sure) and one of the features on it was shared line appearances which was a nice feature since you could glance at your phone and see who was on the phone. Is this option available on the 3CX system? I know when I start installing these things that most companies have this setup on their key systems.

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

We have line status monitor, which shows all active calls in the system. Isn't it what are you talking about? Or, where can we read about that 'shared line' feature?

3. pkothe

Here are some FAQ's from the LVS Site

Can the LVS 9000 ring multiple phones at the same time?
    Yes. There are two methods by which the LVS 9000 can ring multiple phones simultaneously. One method allows for the
    user to register multiple IP Phones with the same extension or DID. When a call comes into the SPA9000 destined for that
    number the SPA9000 will ring all the registered phones assigned with that number. The second method employs the
    Shared Line Appearance feature, whereby an extension is set-up that multiple clients share. When that extension receives
    an incoming call, the phones that share that extension are rung. See below for additional information about how the
    Shared Line Appearance feature works.
    What is the Shared Line Appearance feature?
    Shared Line Appearance (SLA) allows multiple stations to share an extension number and manage a call as a group. When
    that extension receives an incoming call, the phones that share that extension will ring. When the call is answered by one
    of the phones, all the other phones that share the line will still be able to access the state information of the call to know
    who is talking on the shared line and to whom they are talking. If the call on the shared line is put on hold, all the phones
    that share the line will be able to see that the call is on hold and they will have the opportunity to take the call off hold
    and resume the conversation from their phone with a simple press of the shared line button.
    The SLA is a valuable feature for teams who need to be able to dynamically handle calls without extensive manipulation
    of the telephone. As well, the SLA feature is good for a manager and secretary relationship because the secretary's phone
    can be set-up with a SLA of the manager's extension and therefore know at all times the state of the manager's extension.
    This is valuable if the secretary routinely answers and screens calls arriving on the manager's line.

4. TwigsUSAN

Right now I believe you can only do half of that feature. You can plus a bunch of extensions in a ring group. For example Ring Group extension 300 will ring extensions 200, 201, 210, and 213. But, you won't be able to see extension 300 on a phone. So you won't be able to pick a call up on another phone like you would want to do. 3CX people, please correct me if I'm wrong. That would be a nice feature to have, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

5. pkothe

What I have seen in testing

From my testing the last phone to register with the PBX is the one that wins. Which means the one that will ring.

6. TwigsUSAN

I currently have a group setup with a Polycom phone and two softphones. When the group extension rings, they all ring in my setup.

7. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Re: What I have seen in testing

Yes, this is correct. Right now, if you're assiging same number to different extensions only last registered will have a call.
    But, as it was already mentioned, you can create a ring group and place different extensions into it, so all of them will ring when call is destined to that ring group.
    Now I understand what is SLA and we will think about implementing it. Probably it will appear in Professional or Enterpise editions.