Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Shared Line Appearance (SLA)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dsnyc, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsnyc

I keep reading that Shared Line Appearance (SLA) has been implemented in v9 of 3CX however I cannot find any further information/documentation about this.

Please assist. Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

No, SLA has not been implemented. What HAS been implemented is a SLA-like function or more specifically a global hold system. This is configured per extension in the phone provisioning tab.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sunstate

sunstate Member

The SLA-like functionality works great with the Yealinks. But it would be awesome if it was true SLA. That is the first thing my customers bitch about when getting upgraded from an old key system.

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

If you have customers bitching after and install then you didn't set their expectations properly before you sold the system.

SLA is not applicable in an IP PBX environment when it is very easy to have dozens of virtual lines. The global parking system in 3CX version 9 provides the primary function that SLA-type systems had (Joe, pick up call on line 1). Setting that expectation in advance goes a long way towards keeping a customer happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.