Shared Line Appearence / Call Parking

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by miloabc, Oct 24, 2007.

1. miloabc

I have just installed the Alpha version 4. Does anyone know how to get the Shared Line Appearence to work on the Linksys SPA941 phones?
    At the moment it all works however the line keys are flashing red...
    I think this means the phone cant find the call appearence. And in the WEB interface it says for each extension: Call State: Share Call ?

Also, on the same phones, how do you park a call? My phone says: enter number to park. And when i enter the extension no, it says Invalid Park Number.
    Anyone know how to fix these problems?

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

There's new feature introduced in V4A that is called 'Shared Line' or 'Froked ID' which means you may have several phones with the same SIP ID (Extension number) and they all will ring on incoming call. But we do not support yet BLF functionality. Though it will be introduced really soon. I hope tomorrow it will be ready to test in lab.

3. miloabc

Thanks for that. :D
    But on the other issue: does anyone know how to successfully park a call with the SPA941 phones?

4. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

This method of SLA is not what most people mean. What we need is a way to share the line appearance of a line not an extension.

It would be helpful if you have lines 1-4 and everyone has lines 1-4 as SLA on their phones; in theory you would be able to answer line 1 at ext 101, place on hold, then goto ext 102 and press line1 would pick up the call that you put on hold at ext 101.

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Yes, now I know what you mean. But this behaviour is available only on Linksys phones, because they're using non-standard events to implement it. Still I hope we'll think something like this but available for every phone. Or at least for majority. Our 'Forked ID' was just a step in that direction.