shared line apperance and shared parking help

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jeremye, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremye

Hey community

I have my nifty 3cx server set up for my head office location and everything is hunky dorey. every phone has a computer to use 3cx assistant, the receptionist is trained and all is well. problems arise when i try to set up SLA and shared parking on older model aastra phones (3cx assistant is not an option either), i just cant figure out how to make this work or if a work around is even possible.

I set up some aastra 6757i and 6753 phones with a softkey to use the SLA feature and shared parking. works just as i wanted it to. 1 button to park a call, everyone with these phones set up can see that , yes, in fact there is a call parked on line 1 because that red light tells me so. they can even pick up that call with the push of 1 button. wow!

now i have alot of 480i aastra phones, I can get the softkey to work in much the same fashion of using the shared parking..... its just that noone can tell if shared parking line 1 is taken or not. There is no LED to show this. Im racking my brain trying to figure out how to show that the shared parking line is taken. pretty much all the 480i phones are going to be blind parking and its not a good situation

anyone have any ideas other than replacing the older model phones?

i was thinking maybe there is a way to reprogram the actual line keys on the bottom of the phone but that seems .... overly complicated

anything would help

on a side note, really happy with 3cx and the support i have gotten so far. great product. minus a way to park and pickup calls....

2. mhanson

mhanson New Member

I do not see a work around for this.

The SLA/Shared Parking relies heavily on BLF status.

The 480 lacks lamps. The functionality will never work with this unit to my knowledge, as it simply lacks the hardware.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.