Shared Line Grandstream BLF

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ascent, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ascent

Why does BLF and the Parking Lot feature work so perfectly on Elastix but 3CX can's make it work even in it's simplest form on a Grandstream? This software is SOOOOO frustrating. We are trying to make a go of it with it but it's getting to a point of switching back to something like FreePBX. Can someone make this thing work right?????

sip.bg likes this.
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Ascent

Which Grandstream phones are you using and are you referring to the shared parking feature of the PBX or Parking orbit? What is the issue you are facing exactly? If you provide some details regarding the issue perhaps we will be able to assist.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

As noted, it would help to know which version of 3CX, the GS phone models and their firmware.

GS made some changes to some of the firmware about a year ago in which the dial string changed by which to use Parking, If using one of the later model phones with a recent release of firmware, try changing the dial string to {x+ | \S\P1 | \+x+|*x+|*xx*x+}.

You can add more "\S\PX", where X is the parking spot desired. At the time, GS added an additional call park option and if memory serves it is called "monitored call park" and this raised the issue. While it has been some time, you may wish to check the GS forums as it was noted by a number of folks and there will likely be more info.

I had noticed the issue and submitted a ticket to GS support and they acknowledged the problem and provided the solution as I posted above. Works for me and my clients.

As far as BLF goes, I have had no issue in its use, but I am running current firmware. I seem to recall that the issue appeared with firmware versions around 1.0.7.25.

4. jem1

1.0.9.25 is when GS supposedly fixed the BLF issue, though I upgraded a customer to 1.0.9.26 and already had a report of the blf's not working. Also the BLF issues weren't just on 3CX, the GS forums I was watching various Aststrix based PBX's were having the same issue.

The issue with GS is mostly add a ton of features to the phone, introduce a bunch of bugs and very slowly fix said bugs. They also don't support uCSTA which means they don't work with the 3CX web client.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I can't attest to the BLF issue as it has not been reported to me. I have several smaller installs using them, so perhaps it has to do with how much activity is present or something else.

I will agree that GS sometimes adopts a firmware release using a - "Ready, Fire, Aim" strategy and then looks for user feedback to see how the new aspects work and what they broke that did work before.

However, I am a little puzzled by the initial post wherein the issues are seemingly directed at 3CX yet; your last post reports that having followed the GS forums and seeing the same issues occurring on other systems to include Asterisk based, why you don't consider this more of a GS issue? Further, if GS is not supporting uCSTA and this is a needed feature, is this not also a GS issue?

Keep in mind, that GS is not a supported phone and that other makes and models, some non-supported, seems to work just fine.

Having said all of the above, I do wish that 3CX and GS could both find their way clear to collaborate again.

Hopefully, the dial string will help with the park issue and the BLF will be found to be something else. As far as uCSTA, well, that clearly seems to be a GS need to address.

6. jem1

The BLF issues also usually creep up on the GS when you restart the services or the PBX itself I noticed. I was hoping the firmware would fix it and maybe the one phone was an isolated issues, our customers using the GS just stopped complaining and reboot the phones, that's not really good.

There is a threat on GS forums that links to six other threads describing the issues. Most are Asterisk based as well, I think I saw one or two threads about 3CX. One post was about GS's UCM which is also Asterisk based.

As far as uCSTA goes, GS has blown it off for now, and rather use CTI with their client. Apparently they do not see the benefits of uCSTA over CTI even for their UCM.

I agree I wish 3CX and GS could collaborate together again, GS phones are fairly inexpensive and provide dedicated BLF keys, but I think Fanvil is going to be taking over on both those points for 3CX supported phones.

If you sign up for a reseller account GS does provide 3CX templates, I think last time I checked they were for 15.0 but work on 15.5 and have the proper dial string, which is something odd as I haven't seen Yealink or Fanvil require dial string on their phones, the phones just let the PBX handle the dial string.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.