Shared Park - Caller Hangs Up, and Call is Stuck

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dwatson, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwatson

Thanks in advance, here's the situation:

We have 3cx 9, 24 users, 2 Patton 4114 gateways with 7 lines. Using Yealing T-26 and T-28 phones.

I called out to my cell phone, parked the call on 5, and hung up on my cell. The call stayed parked and the FXO port on the Patton 2 (FXO 0) stayed lit. After a few minutes I pressed the Line 5 key, and it acted like it connected me back to the call. After I hung up, the parking light went green and the Patton FXO 0 light went off.

When any amount of calls are in this "stuck" state, call parking goes haywire. It takes forever to park/unpark to the shared extensions, the SLA/BLF buttons on the Yealink are unreliable, and users can't handle that!

I have:

Rebooted the gateway which cleared the line, the FXO light, and the shared park I used.

Used 3cx to generate a new config file and uploaded it to the gateway. Reloaded the gateway and re-tested. Same problem

Checked to ensure the gateway is on latest maintenance release of firmware. It is.

Made sure all 3cx 9 patches were installed.

Recreated the scenario and physically unplugged the active/stuck line from the gateway, the light went off and the shared park light went green.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hello Dan,
    Analogue gateways often have issues with "line supervisory" signals. The problem is that the exchange (or central office) must inform the gateway (or analogue PBX) that the incoming call has cleared. If this signal is not received, then it is impossible for the call to clear correctly. There are a number of ways of doing this 1) a cpc disconnect signal. This may last upto 100ms depending on the provider. 2) a continuous tone (usually 400hz), or reorder tone. 3) line reversal. You need to find out what your network provides and configure the gateway to match it. Patton has an fxo profile for each geogrphic area. I have not actually set one up so I cannot advise on direct experience of the Patton.

I hope that helps anyway
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.