Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Shared Parking and Shared Line Appearance

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JRayfield, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRayfield

Is there anywhere that I can find a good, clear, in-depth explaination of the Shared Parking and Shared Line Appearance capabilities of 3CX, including an explaination of the SLA settings in the /Settings/Advanced/Custom section of the 3CX?

I'm trying to determine the best way of duplicating the way a 3 or 4-line key system works, and which IP phones (working with 3CX) will best 'emulate' the phones on a key system.

John Rayfield, Jr.

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Let me ask you why you are trying to turn a modern IP PBX system into an old key system?

Shared parking is almost always what people are actually looking for, this is the ability to place a call on hold and have it accessible from any phone on the system. (Joe pick up a call on line 1).

Shared Line Appearance would show you the status of a particular line which doesn't make sense in an IP PBX system because there are no actual individual "lines" in the system, it uses SIP trunks which can have unlimited number of concurrent calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rayfield

rayfield New Member

Ok. That makes sense as to Shared Parking, versus Shared Line Appearance.

I need Shared Parking, but I need it to be easy to use, with 1 or 2 keypresses, not 4, like the Grandstream phones require.

But, I also need enough BLF keys for a small office, a minimum of 10 or so, plus 3 to 4 buttons for Shared Parking.

By the way, Kerry, when is your Version 10 book coming out.....I'm ready to order. :)

John Rayfield, Jr.

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Shared Parking, when provisioned to the phone from 3CX is very simple to use. Does every phone need that many BLF's? Usually only a receptionist needs a BLF key for each person. Usually you can eliminate the need for shared parking and BLF's by installing MyPhone.

3CX v10 Book is completed and is waiting on proof from publisher.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. netswork

netswork Active Member

The Cisco SPA 525 phones with the sidecar is your best bet. I have customers where the receptionist is 100 years old and wants nothing to do with the myphone software. With the BLF and the cisco SPA you get one touch call transfer to extensions or to shared park. So the receptionist only has to press the button and the transfer is complete...as long as your customer is ok with blind transfers and shared parking. IF they want announced transfers then you would have to use the softkeys and do a transfer + ext + announce + transfer again.

6. willow

willow Member

yealink t28's have teh 6 line keys and 10 blf plus you can add side cars if need be and are really easy to setup.

7. JRayfield

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yes, I need BLF's for all the extensions in ths particular system. And Myphone won't work, because I need 'hard' phones.

It sounds like the SPA525 will work exactly as I would like. I'd rather not have the extra 'bulk' of the sidecar, but I haven't looked at the size of the package, so it might be just fine.

Another phone that I've wondered about, is the Yealink SIP-T26P. Can anyone tell me how it works with Shared Parking on a 3CX PBX?

John

8. willow

willow Member

myphone is an and on app not a replacement for phones, just so you are aware.

the 726s work fine though some people have reported an issue with the buttons for blf not updating properly at times. i have installed alot of t26s and have not seen the issue as of yet.

9. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

MyPhone is not a softphone, it is a call management tool. Using it you can see all the calls, drag and drop calls to transfer them, easily park/unpark calls. You still need some kind of actual phone to go along with it.

10. varietel

I have used Yealink T26 and T28 phones. They work great for one button Call Park and Pick up and with 10 BLF buttons you don't need an expansion card.

Roger Partovi
    Varietel Communications
    3CX Certified Partner
    801-889-1414
    roger@varietel.net

11. JRayfield

Thanks to everyone who has thrown in suggestions (and straightned me out on a few things that I hadn't learned yet). I really appreciate it.

I've got an Aastra 9143i that I was playing around with today and it works great with one-button call parking and call pickup into/from the Shared Parking 'spaces'. I like the phone, but a bit 'short' on buttons for this particular application. For applications where more buttons aren't needed, it seems that it would be a great phone to use with 3CX. I do wish there was a Provisioning template for it, in 3CX, but maybe I just need to learn how to write one and off that to the 'community'.

I think I'll order a Yealink T26 and give it a try. I see that they're available with and without POE, and the model that works with POE can be used with a power supply (instead of POE), so it looks like this would be the best model to use.

John Rayfield, Jr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.