Shared parking questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by georgewillow, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgewillow

How can I access shared parking slots from the software 3cx phone for Windows or the 3cx IOS app? Seems like shared parking is best used on hardware phones that have buttons for it. We want to move people to the software phones, but this is the major hangup. Our use case is we frequently have people up and about and don't want to send calls to voicemails. The callers need to wait until we locate the person they are calling for. Shared parking works great for this purpose.

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

with soft phone right click on the active call and you will see the call park option. Once the call is parked all using softphone should see the call in the park queue and should be able to right click and unpark the call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. georgewillow

Yeah I was aware of that possibility but you can't do that with the iphone app. Also it's a little tedious with the softphone since you have to open the large presence screen then when you unpark a call it just calls your extension at which point you have to locate the phone app (probably minimized) and answer the call that you just unparked. I don't understand why there is not a dial code or virtual extension that makes this process easier. Even better how about dedicated shared parking functions on the softphone. I'd love to just have a seperate tab on the softphone for shared parking calls and a one touch send-to shared parking on the dialer.

4. carolinainnovative

This isn't a great solution - but it is one I have used from time to time.

People can type in the "extension" of the parking slots directly... SP0 (capital SP - lowercase doesn't work) - SP9

It isn't great, but does work for those who don't want to use the presence screen, and works from mobile devices.

I would love if, in the 3cxphone provisioning, they allowed us to specify a few buttons that acted like BLFs. That would make me happy.

5. 12494

12494 Member

Hey Carolina, I wrote up a method that I use for all my clients. I find, even though the 3CX Phone for Windows is really cool, the majority of my clients' users just want everything (for the most part) to be on the phone.

I've got a blog post at http://bit.ly/HiqNSB

Regards,
    Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. carolinainnovative

Ya know, I don't like phantom extensions, but in this case, might be an extremely good idea to help users on softphones with park...

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I think I recall this issue/fix as well in the past - but what happens when multiple calls get transferred to this extension?
    Ie: more than 1 person sends a call to the same parking spot?

http://www.3cx.com/forums/shared-parking-over-bridge-34181.html
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/call-parking-and-intercom-34861.html

8. georgewillow

Thank you! I didn't realize you could type SP0. That works pretty well. I like your idea of BLF's on the softphone. Wish that was possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.