• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Shared parking using BLF on Cisco SPA phones in v12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

--mark--

Reaction score
I've gone through much of the forums to try and bottom this out but can't find a clear answer. We are using full licence 3CX v11 and aren't especially demanding users.

Our *one and only* method of transferring calls is to press one of 2 pre-programmed BLF buttons on our handset (SPA504G) which puts that call into SP0 or SP1 depending on which button is pressed. The button pressed turns red on all phones. The person who answer the call shouts to whomever should take the call, or sometimes will call a more distant extension and advise them that a caller is waiting on "red button 1 or 2". The person simply lifts the handset, presses the red BLF button and connects to the caller - very easy.

We've used 3CX for 3 years and have not yet needed a third parking orbit, so the solution is good for us with the phones we have.

Version 12 offers some nice new features, but I can't see anywhere whether this functionality still works properly? I did briefly test it with a temp v12 install on a different server. I was time pressed but saw that whilst the function worked, the BLF button did not change to red to indicate a call was parked.

We have some staff with heavy technophobia :roll: and trying to make them change habits is hard work. Can v12 still do what v11 does now with a little extra tinkering of templates etc? I want the luddites to be able to use the system as if nothing changed, and the more adventurous 8| to enjoy the benefits of 3CXphone and mobility options.

Thanks for any insight.

Just made the attempt on ours by resetting an SP504g, setting an extension to use SP0 through SP3, provisioning the phone to that extension.

I end up with BLFs 1 and 2 with my extension, 3 and 4 are SP0 and SP1.. worked like a champ.

Aside, the vanilla template has always been annoying that way.. we never wanted the phone BLFs to be numbered differently than the extension BLFs.. so I typically make a modified template to "fix" that. Yeah, it renders that first entry useless, since the provisioning files effectively do not use that first entry.. but better than trying to figure out that 1 goes to 3, 2 goes to 4.. or something something. Even worse is when you add the 500S.. good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leo13215464
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.