Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Shared Parking with W52

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by giwm, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giwm

giwm New Member

I'm working on setting up 3CX for a number of retail stores. They will have this setup:

Office: Yealink T46G
    Portable: Yealink W52
    Back Room: Yealink T40P
    Registers: Yealink T40P

I'm trying to figure out call parking, which seems to be shrouded in controversy and confusion based on my forum readings. I need to accomplish two things:

1. Office parks call, can pick up on any of the other lines
    2. Store 1 parks call, but doesn't prevent Store 2 from parking call.

My understanding is that there are 10 parking 'spots', which are SP0 - SP9. Then there is another, separate parking lot for *00 - *09, which also holds 10 calls. However, the *0 slots are completely blind, which could cause a block if a call is already parked. The SP slots on the other hand can be configured as "BLF" slots, but the W52 can't use them at all.

What is a good solution to actually get parked calls to work in this sort of situation?

2. giwm

giwm New Member

As a note, I've read about using the extension method, but that doesn't seem to work in v15 sp4. Which sucks, because despite its downfalls, it would solve a major issue with the "SP#" concept. Any phone with less than 10 programmable keys would have no way of picking up calls parked on SP9 for instance.

This seems like a significant opportunity for improvement.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

There are some work arounds.
    You can do an extension.
    1) Create the dummy extension.
    2) Set the email address to the Admin.
    3) Send welcome email
    4) Admin installs the Config file on Client
    5) Client sets the forwarding rules to EXTERNAL NUMBER SPx

Done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Michael Menor

@giwm Are you currently on V15 SP4? I've been trying to get our W52P working on our dev system, but it doesn't work. How did you get it provisioned?

5. giwm

giwm New Member

Yeah, I had it provisioned on v15 SP4. I know I changed something so that I only had to do one of the 4 extensions... trying to find that. That was step one. I almost always keep track of this stuff, but for the life of me I can't find it. There was an issue with it creating the .cfg file, too. I know it's in these forums somewhere...

6. Sopock

Sopock Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. giwm

giwm New Member

@Sopock: I know it's not recommended, but that doesn't mean it's not the best available option. Or was...

8. giwm

giwm New Member

@MichaelMenor I used this thread: https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...link-sip-w52p-provisioning.46629/#post-188248 mainly the post from ifbbmi.
    I fixed the noted typo and changed NumberofExtensions to 1. I also added:

security.ca_cert = 0
    security.dev_cert = 1

I can't remember why at this point, but... I did.

I then followed this guide: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-dect-w52p/

Granted, it SEEMS like I had an issue with the {MAC}.cfg file populating. I'll be doing it again Monday, so we'll see.

9. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

To everyone who has issues provisioning a DECT phone please upgrade to SP5 where the issue with the config file has been resolved and these devices are now available for remote provisioning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.