• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Shared Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

gc1

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi All.
One of our clients was running v10 and had an issue where every user could put any active call (not just their call) into the shared parking area from their MyPhone. They were all in an extensions group but their user rights were at the default ie. nothing was set. I could not replicate the issue on our system. I was going to log this issue when I decided to upgrade to V11 first, which I did with no issues during the upgrade. Now they seem to have the opposite problem, they can can put their own calls into the shared parking area (using MyPhone) but no one else is able to pick up this call from the parking shared area though they can see it is parked. I got around this problem by altering the user rights for the group so the they could "See all details", "Perform operations on any active call to group members" and "Can unpark all calls" but wondering if this was the correct solution. In nearly all cases they are using the 3cx soft phone.
Thanks
Matt

It does appear that is the way it is in v11 in order to use SP and MyPhone. I don't like it much myself, because it also gives the user the ability to divert/transfer/take any call in their group. I don't think a normal group suer should be able to pick up someone elses ringing phone, or better yet, just take the call... even by accident.

Yes, I would agree that this seems an odd way to do it. Will see if a service pack changes this behaviour in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.