Shared Voicemail Box with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Greg S, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg S

Hi Everyone,

We recently switched phone systems and we need to setup a shared mailbox that works the way our old one does.

We have a group of 4 guys who work in a call center environment and as phone calls come in and voicemails are left, the red light will light up on all 4 technicians phones indicating a message is waiting. If any of the guys check the message, the light goes off on all 4 phones. The voicemail to e-mail just doesn't cut it in our environment. Looking for some assistance!
    Thanks!

2. Rod Bacon

If you manually configured the phones to use 2 accounts on the 3cx system, you could probably achieve this. Make line 1 the "shared" line (with subscription for MWI) and assign their individual extension to the second line. Personally, I'd avoid this. User auto attendants and queues to avoid voicemail at all costs. Voicemail to email (shared mailbox) as a last resort.

3. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

4. Greg S

Thanks Rod,
    Let me add a bit to my previous post;

We provide 1 phone number to our customers, when they call in they can pick either A or B. If they pick either A or B they are forwarded to the respective team which has 4 or so people. Each side would have their own shared mailbox that illuminates only the 4 people on that side and when they check it, removes that light for everyone on their side. Does this still work with your previous suggestion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.