sharing phone with other people

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mylove4life, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

Hi all, ok 3cx masters, what do you all do when you have a company that has shifts and want to have the phones reflect that. Is there a login system that anyone has seen?

Thanks

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Check the feature requests forum under HotDesking. Lots of requests for this functionality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

Will do.... I'd like it to be able to have a user and password for each person, so when they go to a desk just login and it nows who you are ect...

4. andymars

fyi http://www.3cx.com/forums/hotdesking-feature-11814.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

I'd rather have the ext. the same on the phones at all times. When someone sits at that desk they login to that phone and it picks them up being there. This is the way shifts would work.

6. andymars

they would login to the phone in a 'hotdesking' scenario, but i tend to think of extensions as individuals e.g. John has ext.123. from what you said, if you want the extension number to stay the same just setup an extension as 'Shift Office = 123'. maybe what you want is a ringing group for everyone on the shift, then have the individuals login to the phones (then they can pickup calls made to the ringing group).

7. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

Something like that, but I'd still like the person to be able to sit at any phone and login to the phone. I think the ext. should be the same all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.