• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Short codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMC

Reaction score
I have read the manual and checked the forums but can't find the answer to this. Can anyone help?

Some of our phones will not be linked to PCs so can't use the 'Call Assistant'. Are there 'Short Codes' for use on hardware phones that would enable an end users to do the following...

Divert calls to another number
Divert calls to voicemail
Cancel Divert calls to voicemail
Do not disturb
Transfer a call to an extension or group
Pickup a call from an extension or group
Enable night service

Thanks in advance
Andy

AMC said:
I have read the manual and checked the forums but can't find the answer to this. Can anyone help?

Some of our phones will not be linked to PCs (none of my hardwarephones are linked to the pc..they have to be sip compliant to work with 3cx tho) so can't use the 'Call Assistant'. Are there 'Short Codes' for use on hardware phones that would enable an end users to do the following...

Divert calls to another number
You can do this in the 3cx pbx manager

Divert calls to voicemail
Look above
Cancel Divert calls to voicemail
Look above
Do not disturb
Recently added in the server manager page
Transfer a call to an extension or group
You can transfer call between extensions/group and external numbers
Pickup a call from an extension or group
With the callqueue feature i think you can manage that.
Enable night service
theres a very good system for that called: Officie hours you specifie there when you want to receive calls or route calls to a voicemail if you are closed

Thanks in advance
Andy

Thanks for the reply

I was hoping that the end user would be able to control these options from their phones instead of contacting the Support Desk to have them changed in the 3cx pbx manager .

With our ancient Alcatel system users can dial 60 to divert calls to voicemail and 61 to cancel the divert. Call pickup is done dialing 13 followed by the extension. Our office hours vary depending on the availabilty of staff to take calls out of hours, so having the last person in the office dial a 'short code' to put the system on night service is essential.

Besides these short commings I still think 3CX is by far the easiest PBX to use. I'm sure we will roll it out to our smaller offices where the limited functions will be less of a problem.

Andy

We will introduce more of such dial codes in version 4.
Currently, there's one - *10* to pick up ringing extension from your phone.

Thanks Archie

What is the development timeline for version 4?

Andy

I'm not authorized to make any suggestions on timeline, but personally i hope we'll deliver it by Q4 of this year.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on the forums for news.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.