• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Shorten Delay Between Pressing Extension and Calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Vierra

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hello,

We have our IVR setup so someone dials 1 to speak with "receptionist" or dial the person's extension to be connected directly to them. The problem we have is that when someone presses 1 it seems like it takes way to long for it to say "Please hold while I transfer you call". Is there any way to shorten that?

Thank you.

I assume that the delay is because 3CX is awaiting additional digits in the event a caller is attempting to dial an extension directly, and is to be expected. If you use this feature, there may not be much you can do depending on the numbering system you use for your extensions. However...see the third post in this...
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/how-to-block-ivr-dial-to-extension.47863/

Hi Fred,

There's a global inter-digit timeout controlled by the parameter IVR_INTERDIGIT_TIMEOUT.
The default value is 2 seconds. So you need to set it to 1 (lowest possible value). For this find it (or create it) in the Settigs\Parameters\Custom Parameters tab and set its value to 1. Restart 3CXIVR services to make sure it's applied.

But use it at your own risk.

Reactions: Fred Vierra
Hi Fred Vierra,

You could also replace the message "Please hold while I transfer your call" with an empty wav file.

The message that is heard is the same message that is played when a call is being transferred automatically from various parts of the system including IVR's. If you change this prompt it will also change throughout the system.

If you still would like to change this then this can be achieved through System > System Prompts.

Click 'Manage Prompt sets and click 'copy Prompt set'
Give the Promptset a new name and click OK.
From the drop down in the manage prompt set box choose the new prompt set and click OK to Set As Current Prompt set
In the search box and search for 'pleasehold' this will find a prompt ID called 'PLSHOLD'
Select this line and Click 'Browse' from the top menu.
Navigate to the location where the audio file you want to replace with is saved, Select and Press Open. You can choose the an Empty.wav (no sound) or even the 'USProgresstone.wav' (which is a ring tone) for example.The files are stored in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Prompts.
Press OK and then restart the services.

Hi Fred,

There's a global inter-digit timeout controlled by the parameter IVR_INTERDIGIT_TIMEOUT.
The default value is 2 seconds. So you need to set it to 1 (lowest possible value). For this find it (or create it) in the Settigs\Parameters\Custom Parameters tab and set its value to 1. Restart 3CXIVR services to make sure it's applied.

But use it at your own risk.

It's been awhile since I've been able to get around to this but I just tested this and it didn't make much of a difference. It's incredibly sporatic. I did 5 test calls today and got results from 3 seconds to 48 seconds from pressing 1 to the "Please Hold" prompt.

It is running as a Debian VM (3CX ISO install) in Hyper-V 2016 on a Supermicro server with a single Xeon 5560 (quad core 2.8ghz) and 24 gb of ram and two 500gb hard drives in raid 1. That should be way overkill I would think? We only have a 4 call license.

Any clues as to what the problem could be? I've backed up and restored it two times. I am thinking of running it bare metal even though Hyper-V is supposed to be supported?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I spun up a Window Server 16 essentials VM last night and restored 3CX to it and it appears to working fine now.

Glad to hear your issue was resolved.

Glad to hear your issue was resolved.

I'm not sure it was a resolution as much as a change. I was using 3CX's iso and switched to the program that runs on Windows Server. Our phones are important so I will probably just buy a Windows Server license but it was "supposed" to work fine on Hyper-V server I thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.