show "forwarded calls" in 3cx call history

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by egimbergh, Dec 9, 2015.

show "forwarded calls" in 3cx call history 5 5 11votes
5/5, 11 votes

1. egimbergh

Improve call history

Improve the call history.
    We use the Company Phonebook a lot, so after received call I want to add the number from the call history. Noticed that calls tranferred to me by a collaegue are frequently not present in my history. Only the few seconds I spoke with the collaegue before taking the call are in the history.
    Similarly: when answering a queue call and transferring it to a collaegue, the incoming call is not always in my history. Only the call to my collaegue is.
    Seems like there is room for improvement. We use only 3CX softclients.

2. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

it would be great to show the "forwarded calls" in addition to the already shown "missed", "incoming" and "outgoing" calls in the call history of 3cx. The information should include: caller, and forward destination. Many people want to know, who called them, even if the forwarded the call to someone else. This applies to the call history inside 3cx phone on windows, iOS and Android.

I will add advanced requirements regarding this feature. Those would be nice to have, once the more basic idea described above would be available.
    • It would be even better, if 3cx could include calls, that are forwarded locally on the SIP-phone, too (an always forward is set locally on the phone) in addition to the calls forwarded by the forwarding rules of the extension.
    • If possible it would be great to include the information, whether the call was subsequently answered by the forward destination or ended as a missed call after forwarding.

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Improve call history

From the Call History, you should be able to right-click and copy the number to the clipboard, then, assuming the Extension has the necessary Rights in its Extension Settings in the "Rights" tab, can add a new entry into the Company Phonebook using the number copied into the clipboard.

If I am understanding this correctly, how it shows up in the Call History depends on how the call was transferred to the Extension. If the transfer was an Attended Transfer, then the extension receiving the call will see in the Call History the extension that transferred the call.
    If an extension receives a Blind Transfer, the extension will see the Original Caller ID, not that of the extension that performed the transfer.

I believe this is the same behavior deskphones exhibit as well.

Regardless though, this topic will be merged with "show "forwarded calls" in 3cx call history".

4. Frank D

Frank D New Member

To enable phones to show this information, you would need to send the diversion info the the SIP invite message, as already discussed here:

post177193.html?hilit=diversion%20invite#p177193

Many phones already can display such information if the diversion info is provided. E.g:

[​IMG]

5. egimbergh

Re: Improve call history

That that is how we do it normally. But it is only possible if the call is in the history.

In the case I described, it is an Attended Transfer. The call is neither in the Call History of the person who first takes te call, nor in the Call History of the person the call is forwarded to. So nobody can add the number to the phonebook.

Erik

6. Yves Thalmann

We also noticed that transferred calls are not in the call history. The call history is very useful to report the duration of a support call. So with transferred calls this is not possible at the moment

Thanks for improving
    Yves

narkumas likes this.
  7. narkumas

narkumas New Member

8. SSJ

SSJ

+1
    Attended Transfers should display the original caller's phone number in the Call History of every agent that spoke to the caller.