Show list of "Active Here/Member of" for extension/ivr/queue

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by chisel900, Oct 7, 2015.

1. chisel900

Phone group membership overview

Something that would be nice to have would be a graphical view by phone extension showing which phones ring when an extension is not answered. We use DDI numbers on all of our phones and when someone fails to answer a call it goes to that extensions ring group and the phones within that team ring. If they fail to answer for whatever reason it goes to a second ring group with more phones in a bid to ensure the call is always answered. Each phone has a similar setup which ultimately means quite an intricate map of phone routing. This is all well and good until a phone is moved from one team to another which happens often due to company requirements. I have the job of removing that phone from every other extensions escalation within that team. This can take an age because I cannot always remember which ring groups the phone was a member of. To ensure I get it right I have to go through every ring group within the company to be sure I don’t miss anything.

Solution:
    If each extension had an option to view which ring group it was part of with maybe a hyper link to that particular ring group so it could be removed quickly, it would make administration of this part of the system so much easier and quicker.

2. PaulD

Check forwarding when deleting an extension

When deleting an extension, any other extension or inbound rule forwarding to that one is automatically defaulted to the operator extension - 1000 in our case.

It would be most useful if on pressing delete, the database was queried and the 'deletion confirmation' panel display a list of the extensions which would be affected. That way, rather than waiting for callers and our staff to report an issue, we could take appropriate steps prior to deletion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PaulD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

These three posts have been merged despite the fact that the requests are not exactly the same, but very similar and can be solved with the same solution if implemented.

Having said that merging these three posts will give you a better chance of getting your request implemented as your votes will be merged as well and not being divided into separate posts. It will also keep the "Ideas" section more organised for all.